Flippable mattress is a two-sided bed. They are not common in the market, but with this list in this review, you will find a few of the fascinating models you can buy online. Of course, they are more expensive to produce but offer more advantages to consumers compared to other mattresses.
Benefits of a Two-Sided Mattress
These mattresses offer great benefits over conventional beds, these benefits are:
Durability. Ability to flip a mattress as you want helps to spread the normal wear and tear for extended use of the mattress. Experience has shown that the best mattresses will sag and degrade with time, but flipping the bed helps to extend the lifespan. Consider how flipping your couch cushions over help to protect them from sagging; this basic principle applies to the mattress as well.
Comfort. Generally, beds are comfortable initially, as it sags and wears, the comfy side of it quickly downgrades. Because flippable mattresses lean towards longevity, they also retain their comfort over time. When you feel one of the sides is saggy, just flip it over for the goodness of a new mattress again!
Versatility. The best Flippable mattress to recommend is one with two different firmness levels; each side offers different firmness so you can choose as you preferred. You can sleep on the medium-firm side, or flip to use the softer side. This makes a single mattress very versatile, and provide for your sleeping needs and others as applicable. This is the best type of bed for the guestroom to meet the requirement of your guests.
Value. Our recommended Flippable mattress brands are within the cost of your average mattress (and some are even cheaper!), but they offer incredible value. The biggest advantage of these beds is in their versatility. When versatility meets with longevity, you have a wonderful mattress that is nowhere comparable to traditional mattresses.
The Drawback of Double-Sided Mattress
Of course, there is no product without a disadvantage, but the downside in this should be expected; it’s the price! Yes, they are generally costlier than their traditional folks. Moreover, flipping your bed most time can be somewhat inconvenient, if this is you, you may go with the traditional ones and find the one that suite your need.
This really shouldn’t be a big deal for a lot of people; most Flippable beds are comfortable to flip except the Zenhaven brand because it bends in on itself like a taco. But people who know the quality still manageable to flip using help from people around and a little elbow grease. Remember, the flipping is done at most twice yearly! And with Zenhaven, you will not have to flip because once you choose the side that is best for you; you may not need the other side because it has a different firmness level for each side.
The Best Flippable Mattresses
1. Layla Sleep - The Best Memory Foam Option
2. Amore Beds - The Most Affordable Choice
3. Idle Sleep - The Best Hybrid Option
4. Zenhaven - The Best Latex Option
5. Brooklyn Bedding - The Best Firm Choice
The research done on this website is made possible by commissions earned through sales from affiliate links shared within the content. Learn more here.
Flippable Mattresses Table
The Best Memory Foam Option
The Most Affordable Choice
The Best Hybrid Option
The Best Latex Option
The Best Firm Choice
Flippable Mattresses Reviews
Layla Sleep Review
Ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 85%
Product Dimensions: 80 x 76 x 14 inches
Item Weight: 109.3 pounds
This Flippable offers many great points that you will hardly know where to start. The warranty is excitingly tempting and the copper-infused memory foam beat competitor to the game. Other features are a killer point to make you decide in its favor. The real deal is also the price; it is budget friendly!
Although, as I have said earlier, flipping is the one drawback of Flippables and Layla isn’t an exception. The mattress is somewhat cumbersome to flip alone. Without a helping hand, it may be harder for a lightweight like me to flip, while other people find it so easy to do. But, I won’t include this on this list if it’s not a great mattress and you want to reconsider your decision about not buying Flippable because of difficulty to flip. Think of the impressive option it offers and how you will enjoy your living sleeping on a bed that provides absolute comfort!
This bed is refreshed and optimized for 2019; there is a slight redesign to up its features and offer more comfort. It now has a new and softer cover with a trendy make. The improvement with the cover also makes it easier to differentiate the firm and softer sides.
This means you can change the sides without the confusion of where was the last side that was up. This new design means that Layla is now more versatile and will serve a wider variety of people and cover most sleep positions. The infusion of the copper component in each Layla mattress offers increased circulation and reduces pain; these are both benefits of copper.
The 10” thick Layla mattresses are fairly the standard for most beds in a box that features in our review. Although they offer options of a medium firm or a soft side, the mattress has the same materials and layers. Thus, there are four layers in total for every Layla mattress you buy. These layers include the soft and the firm layers sandwich two other layers. Each segment offers unique benefits in the makeup of the bed for your comfort.
- The top layer. It has 3” of copper-infused memory foam for the soft side. The foam used is a medium soft touch. It provides extra density support with the antimicrobial property. This construction ensures breathability and coolness of the mattress. If you prefer an excellent cooling mattress with fantastic comfort, make this your choice.
- The second layer. This is a 2” of convoluted air flow foam. This layer adds to the airflow and helps to keep the mattress cool; this is the best option for people who sweat a lot when they sleep.
- The supportive layer. This is a 4.5” foam base which comes third in the layer arrangement. It serves as your foundational core support, to stabilize the bed no matter what side you lay.
- Bottom layer. This is the last layer sporting 1” copper infused memory foam. It offers the same service as the copper layer on the soft side with antimicrobial and heat transfer properties; it offers compression support. The top layer is softer, while the last layer is firmer in case you need a firmer side to flip to and enjoy more comfort.
Offers 120-night trial
Great overall value at an affordable price
This Flippable mattress has two firmness levels built into it
The bed is very cool because of copper-infused memory foam
New and improved softcover
This mattress features exceptional quality material
Could be challenging to flip Layla mattress alone
Amore Beds Review
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 73%
Product Dimensions: 80 x 76 x 11 inches
Amore is a trendy new brand in the mattress market. The company is noted for consistency in a once stagnant industry where it found new ways to innovate and churn out great products. The Amore Flippable Mattress, under review, is one of the most innovative aspects of the mattress is offering the use of two sides (softer or firmer) in one bed.
We will cover the essential details of Flippable mattress in this review to help you decide if Amore Flippable Mattress will make your next list of mattress needs. Our discussion will cover essential features like construction, sizes, comfort, and cost. Covering this structure will let you into the Amore Flippable Mattress design and note the difference between competitors and Amore. Note that the best design structure is always aimed at top quality materials and customizability for a unique offer.
This full early review of the features and benefits will analyze what the Amore mattress has in stock for you so you can make the right buying decision.
The multi-layered design is among the most impressive feature of the Amore Flippable Mattress. The mattress has five layers in total. These layers are doubled on both sides and slightly tailored to provide the soft and firm comfort options according to customer preferences.
- Top layer. It begins with breather organic cotton fabric layer and followed by a blend of a natural wool flame resistant material that offers normal temperature.
- Second layer. This layer sports Amore’s proprietary FusionFlex foam; this is one of the important segments of the mattress. This layer offers impressive cooling effect and prevents overheating while sleeping. This is the layer that makes Amore a great cooling mattress for sleepers that sweat a lot.
- Third layer. This has Hyper-Contouring transition foam for a perfect transition between the comfort and the supportive layers.
- Fourth layer. This is highly flexible with load bearing capacity critical to the whole mattress. It causes a flawless transition among comfort options.
One of the main points of our review is the options of the mattress. The striking part of the bed is dual comfort; while you can sleep on either side, both sides are unbelievably relaxing. This is because of the design, which gives preference to the softer and firmer.
- Fifth Layer. This is the core load deflection layer that ensures that the mattress has no negative impacts on both sides. This layer does an unbelievable job and indeed provides amazing pressure relief making the bed great for people experiencing aches and pains. Also, it offers low motion transfer to prevent disturbing your partner when you get up at night or move in your sleep.
Both sides have a soft side and a medium-firm feel which ensure most sleepers will be happy with it. As the soft side is great for the side sleepers, the firm side works great for the stomach those or back sleepers. This bed will conveniently support heavier people because it provides excellent support.
One of Amore Flippable Mattress additional features is its body contouring, thanks to Amore’s proprietary FlexForm foam. It also supports spinal positioning and seated at a comfy 10” depth.
Test the bed with the 100-night risk-free-trial
An excellent price for buyers on a budget
Sleeps cool for a comfortable night’s sleep
Organic cover for a safer sleeping surface
It is challenging to attempt Flipping the mattress alone
Idle Sleep Flippable Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Product Dimensions: 80 x 76 x 14 inches