Zinus, a mattress brand that has existed for more than 15 years, has made itself a household name when it comes to putting quality and affordable mattresses in the market. The company came out with the Green Tea Memory Foam mattress, which is a solid, yet simple foam priced competitively.
In a bid to make its products distinct from the other products in the market, Zinus released the BioFoam which contains charcoal, green tea and actor oil. These materials are in the foam to reduce odor and prevent the mattress from holding moisture. You can get the Green Tea mattress in various models which give customers flexibility in firmness level, height and price. For every Sinus mattress you buy, you enjoy a sleep trial of 100 nights and a warranty of ten years.
For customers who do not have a high budget but wish to enjoy the contouring effect that memory foam delivers, the Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam is the mattress that they should consider.
Important Things to Know About Zinus Mattress Brand
As a brand that has existed for more than three decades, its products are the most affordable and produced with the highest quality and standards to maintain high durability in its mattresses. Products released to the market by Zinus are created from extensive research efforts and strict implementation of the industry standards requirements. Their shipping process is proprietary and thus sees that the product gets delivered to your doorstep. Without a doubt, Zinus is one brand that provides the best and most innovative home and garden solutions. Check out some of the features that Zinus implements in its Mattresses.
- Zinus manufactures its Mattresses at its factory located in Xiamen, China and the company ensures that all quality assurance procedures are duly implemented.
- All Zinus Mattresses come with a warranty of ten years, which means users do not have anything to worry about as far as their mattress performance, quality and durability are concerned.
- Users enjoy a risk-free sleep trial period, which provides the option to get a full refund without questions asked.
- All Zinus Mattresses are shipped for free within the contiguous United States but not free for other countries, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Zinus Mattresses feature a patented technology that allows the mattress to be compressed and rolled into a box for shipping to your location.
- Once you take delivery of your mattress, make sure you unpack it within 72 hours and before you use it, leave the mattress for up to 48 hours for it to expand fully to its original shape.
- All mattresses produced by Zinus have received compliance certifications from Certi-PUR US. The mattresses have also gone through rigorous tests in the best labs in the United States, and these mattresses are confirmed to be eco-friendly.
- Zinus has distribution centers in San Leandro, California and all Mattresses are shipped from the company's headquarters.
The Best Zinus Mattresses Reviews
Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 78%
Item Weight: 62.5 pounds
This is a 12-inch thick mattress, and it is made of the following components;
- One cover made of kindred jacquard.
- A 3-inch memory foam top layer.
- A 2-inch comfort foam second layer.
- A 3.5-inch third layer made of well-aerated high-density foam.
- A 3.5-inch base layer made of well-aerated high-density Foam.
The memory foam in this mattress is certified by CertiPUR- US to have passed every necessary test for performance, durability and materials. It delivers pressure relief and comfort in a way that the mattress itself conforms to the body’s natural shape to deliver a night of good sleep.
The well-aerated high-density foam layers also deliver a high level of stability, long-term comfort and durability. Zinus infused this mattress with Green Tea extract and Castor Natural Seed Oil so that the odor and bacteria can be better managed. This ensures that you do not have to deal with that much off-gassing after unpacking the mattress. In all, this is quite an impressive mattress that we recommend.
- It features a multiplayer foam technology that makes sure you do not sleep hot.
- It has an Airflow High-density Foam for its support base.
- Little off-gassing due to the infusion of cantor oil and green tea extract.
- It has a good bounce.
- It is certified by CertiPUR-US.
- It comes with a warranty of ten years.
Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 76%
Item Weight: 73.3 pounds
This mattress has a thickness of 12 inches and features soft knitted jacquard. It has the following features;
- One inch of microfiber quilted cover.
- One inch of quick response foam in its top layer.
- Two inches of memory foam in the second layer.
- 5 inches of high-density support foam in the base layer.
This mattress has a plush design plus a quilted cover, and the foam layers are structured in a unique way to create a cloudy luxury feeling as you sleep. The layering system gives the foam its conforming ability so that when you sleep on it, it conforms to your body and keeps you cool and comfortable.
The mattress also comes with the Quick Response Foam, which ensures that the density and resilience of the foam are high and can provide full support to your weight and help you sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Zinus ensures that little amounts of petrol-based chemical was used in the production, and that is why the company infused the mattress with natural plant oil, charcoal and green to suppress any unpleasant odor or off-gassing. It is certified by Certified-PUR, which means it is safe to use and completely eco-friendly.
- The mattress delivers a cool sleep thanks to the presence of the multi-layered foam technology.
- It has a support base of 5 inches.
- No off-gassing after unpacking the mattress thanks to the presence of charcoal, natural plant oil and green tea extract.
- The Quick Response Foam helps maintain a great bounce in the mattress.
- It is manufactured using premium materials.
- It comes with a limited warranty of ten years.
Zinus 10 Inch Hybrid Foam and Spring Mattress Review
Ratings: 3.8 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 67%
Item Weight: 91 pounds
This is an innovative mattress with a thickness of 10 inches and features a knitted cover made of jacquard. Some of its features include;
- A microfiber quilted fabric.
- A 1.25-inch top layer made of high-density support foam.
- A 2.5-inch second layer of foam made from green tea viscolatex.
- A 6-inch coil springs third layer.
This mattress has firm support that feels firm, and under the jacquard cover, there is a fiber quilted fabric. Also, this mattress features a Green Tea ViscoLatex foam in its enhanced comfort layer and delivers bouncing comfort effects thanks to the heavy-duty coil springs. This combination helps achieve restful and cool sleep and to reduce off-gassing and unpleasant odors, the mattress is infused with Castor Seed Oil and Green tea extract.
To further enhance its premium build, Zinus ensures that the foam was manufactured in a way that satisfies all of CertiPUR-US’ requirements for certification for a high-performing and durable mattress.
Overall, this is an affordable hybrid mattress that performs excellently, and you will enjoy it if you love the combination of latex bounce and innerspring feel.
- Little to no off-gassing or unpleasant odor thanks to the presence of castor seed natural oil and green tea extract.
- Presence of ViscoLatex responsive foam to provide the perfect bounce.
- It is CertiPUR-US certified and made of premium materials.
- It has a limited warranty of 10 years.
- Delivery is made right to your doorstep.
Zinus 14 Inch Hybrid Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Item Weight: 127.1 pounds
This is a mattress with a thickness of 14 inches as against the industry standard of 10 inches. Some of its features are highlighted below:
- A knitted jacquard cover.
- A comfort foam layer of 25 inches.
- A microfiber quilted fabric under the jacquard cover.
- A fusion gel memory foam of 2 inches.
- 5 inches of ViscoLatex foam.
- One inch of ViscoLatex foam.
- 50-inch high-density foam.
- 25-inch iCoil pocketed springs.
- 50-inch high-density foam.
This mattress contains a Fusion Gel Memory Foam Layer specially designed to create a suitable temperature for sleeping and provide all the support that you need thanks to contour design of the memory foam which conforms to the body's shape. It also features the ViscoLatex layer which delivers an additional layer of comfort and the iCoil springs in the foam provide better support and pressure relief. It also has excellent motion isolation thanks to the individually wrapped coils in it and is therefore ideal for people who have sleeping partners.
The mattress comes with a knitted cover made of jacquard and fiber quilted fabric to deliver a higher level of comfort. The material the mattress is made from is CertiPUR-US Certified, which means it has been certified to be a durable and high-performing product. It also does not have much off-gassing after unpacking it.
It is an innovative product, and as a hybrid mattress, it packs within it a lot of cool features at a not-too-expensive price.
- It features iCoil Springs in it to deliver better edge support and pressure relief.
- The fusion Gel Memory Foam Layer ensures that the temperature is well regulated.
- No unpleasant odor or off-gassing after unpacking the mattress.
- It delivers an impressive level of bounce thanks to the ViscoLatex in it.
- This is an incredibly comfortable and responsive foam.
- CertiPUR-US certified and comes with a limited worry-free warranty of 10 years.
Zinus 12 Inch Performance Plus Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 85%
Item Weight: 86.7 pounds
This is a 12-inch mattress that comes with a Celliant Fabric Cover, and it features the following;
- 5-inch quilted microfiber fabric.
- A top comfort foam layer of 5 inches.
- A support layer of 5-inches made of high-density foam.
- A base layer of individually wrapped coils.
Obviously, this is an incredibly sophisticated mattress, and one of its major highlights is the Celliant Fabric cover. Celliant is a technology that enables breathability and temperature regulation so that you can sleep through the night without feeling too hot. All the foams used across the different layers of this mattress are certified by CertiPUR-US, which means they have all be duly tested and confirmed to be durable and with excellent performance.
It also has a strong support base layer, which is 7,5 inches thick and contains 10% of more individually wrapped iCoils to ensure excellent motion isolation and additional support. The supportive foam layers in this mattress also help maintain flexibility in the mattress, which in turn delivers a comfortable and customized sleep surface.
Also, combining the comforting and support foam layers with iCoil Spriggs are crucial to helping you sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
- It helps you sleep cool as it conforms to your body to ensure comfort.
- It has a great edge support thanks to the individual wrapped iCoil Springs.
- It is made of premium materials and is CertiPUR-US certified.
- It comes with a risk-free limited warranty of ten years.
Zinus Sleep Master Spring 12 Inch Mattress Review
Price: Out of stock
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Item Weight: 113 pounds
This 12-inch mattress has the following features;
- A knitted cover made of jacquard.
- A microfiber quilted fabric.
- A comfort foam layer of 5 inches.
- A high-density support foam layer of 5 inches.
- Independent iCoil pocketed springs of 5 inches.
This is a hybrid mattress that comprises of a combination of innerspring feel and comfort. It also features iCoil Springs wrapped individually to reduce motion transfer and provide adequate support that your body weight needs. The different sizes of this mattress have a different coil count; therefore, the coil count depends on the size you buy. Check out the coil counts for various sizes below;
Twin Size - 480
Full Size - 660
Queen Size- 768
King Size - 992
The support from the coils helps ensure that the mattress has excellent motion isolation and for sleeping partners, the movement of one person will not disturb the other person. The comfort layer also de-livers an incredible pressure relief and a density support foam that offers both comfort and support.
- The mattress helps you sleep cool as it conforms to the shape of the body.
- It features iCoil Springs wrapped individually and encased in foam to provide a firmer edge support.
- The foam it is made from is certified by CertiPUR-US.
- It comes with a worry-free limited warranty of ten years.
Performance Of Zinus Mattresses
Memory Foams are generally known to have excellent motion isolation and minimum motion transfer. For customers who have sleeping partners or are motion sensitive, they should go for models that have taller heights so that they can enjoy higher degrees of motion isolation.
Zinus Green Tea mattress has little edge support due to the absence of reinforcement around the perimeter of the mattress. Thus, there is a heavy compression around the edge of the mattress.
This is a problem with the Zinus Green Tea Mattress. The mattress tends to trap heat as a result of its con-forming ability, which limits airflow. It becomes difficult for the mattress to keep your body cool and the softness and conforming of the foam is as a result of the foam heating up. Therefore, if you sleep hot, this is not the ideal mattress for you.
Some customers have reported an unpleasant odor coming from the mattress when they first unboxed it, but the general observation is that this odor goes away within some days and by this time, the mattress too would have expanded fully.
The presence of castor oil, charcoal and green tea helps fight off this unpleasant odor, but it has not been established yet that these have the ability to keep the mattress from smelling after unboxing it.
This mattress provides adequate support thanks to the characteristics of memory foam capable of delivering pressure relief. Because it is capable of responding to the weight distribution in the body, memory foam delivers additional cushioning to the parts of your body that needs it. This type of special cushioning plays an important role in proper alignment of the spine, and you will get more support from models of this mattress that are thicker and taller.
Memory foam is known for its ability to conform to the body shape of the user, and most customers noticed this when they used the Green Tea mattresses. The 6-inch and 8-inch models are firmer and contain thinner memory foam layers do not offer much in terms of conforming. The taller models, on the other hand, such as the 12-inch models are softer and may offer too much conforming for some sleepers who weigh above 230 pounds
A Zinus mattress is expected to perform in top condition for about 6 years, but this depends mainly on how much use the user subjects the mattress to. This durability can also depend on how thick the memory foam layer is as thinner models do not last as long as thicker models.
Memory foam is not the ideal material for rigorous sexual activities because of its contouring ability. It conforms to the shape of the body and thus, is difficult to reposition your body on the bed for sex.
Zinus Mattress Is Suitable for What Type of Sleeper?
The needs of every sleeper cannot be the same, and this is why mattress choice is personal and subjective. Body weight and sleeping positions are two of the most important factors that determine the type of mattress a person should buy. Therefore, we will take a look at the types of sleeping positions we have and how they fare on Zinus mattress.
If you are a side sleeper, your pressure points are your hips and shoulders and these are the points where you should place on extra cushioning, if a mattress is too firm, this cushioning may not be possible but a soft mattress will provide too much sink, and these parts of the body can go out of alignment from the remaining parts of the body.
Side sleepers weighing below 130 pounds will sleep comfortably on a bed with little firmness while heavier side sleepers will find mattresses with a comfort layer of 3 inches or more. The 10-inch and 12-inch models are softer and will provide enough cushion for side sleepers, but because most of the Green Tea mattresses do not have thick top layers, they are not ideal for side sleepers that weigh above 230 pounds.
For people who sleep on their back, mattresses that are too plush or have too much contouring can lead to spine misalignment. Weight is more concentrated around the abdomen, and this makes it more prone to sinking into the bed deeper than the rest of the body. In the absence of contouring, this part of the body that is heavy will not get enough support and could lead to misalignment of body parts.
Putting these considerations in mind, a firm mattress with moderate contouring is what back sleepers need. None of the Zinus Green Tea mattresses will work well for back sleepers that weigh above 230 pounds because they either have too thin comfort layers or they are too soft. If you are a back sleeper and you weigh above 230 pounds, the 8-inch and 10-inch models will make excellent choices for you.
Stomach sleepers are not much, but for the few people who are stomach sleepers, they have some unique needs. Stomach sleepers do not need a sleeping surface that is too soft so that the midsection does not sink too deeply into the mattress. This is why firm beds are the best choice for stomach sleepers.
Warranty Information and Sleep Trial
For all Zinus mattress orders, Zinus offers a sleep trial of 100 nights, and the following are the conditions;
- Customers can return their mattress at any point or time during the sleep trial period as there is no compulsory break-in period.
- For mattresses to be accepted as returns, the customer must return the mattress in good condition and should be able to tender proof of purchase.
- The company issues a prepaid shipping labels if you request a return and all mattress pickup is handled by FedEx.
- Refunds for returned mattresses take between two and three business days to be issued.
For every Zinus mattress purchase, there is a warranty of ten years. The following are the applicable conditions;
- It is a non-prorated warranty.
- Warranty coverage starts from the purchase date, and repairs or replacements of defective mattresses are decided at Zinus’ discretion. Customers will also be responsible for shipping and costs of repair or replacement for defective mattresses.
- If you use the mattress with a heating pad or electric blanket, the warrant will become null and void.
- Zinus’ mattress warranty covers the following defect: Sagging in the sleep surface or visible indentations of one and a half inches or deeper.
- Zinus’ mattress warranty will not cover the following;
- Increase in the softness of foam that does not affect its ability to relieve pressure or sagging that is not up to one and a half inches in depth. These are considered normal wear and tear.
- Tears, cuts and other types of physical damage to the mattress caused by misuse on the part of the owner, improper handling or placement on the wrong foundational support.
- Damage to the mattress handles.
- Zinus mattress warranty is only to be enjoyed by original owners. Warranty is not transferrable to another person. Users who boy their mattress from an unauthorized retailer cannot enjoy warranty coverage.
What Type of People Will Like the Zinus Mattress?
People looking for a couple’s mattress: The Zinus mattress has a top layer of memory foam which has excellent motion isolation so, the movement of one person on the bed should not affect the other person.
People who are looking for value for their money: The Zinus is an affordable mattress that delivers premium quality
Side-Sleepers: Side-sleepers will enjoy the 12-inch Zinus mattress model as it offers good pressure relief and overall comfortable
People looking for a mattress brand that gives them multiple options: Zinus mattresses are available in a variety of options such as 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches and 14 inches.
What Type of People May Not Like the Zinus Mattress?
Those looking for a long-term mattress: The Zinus mattress is not made with durable materials. Even though affordable, it is not built to last for many years.
People with heavier weight: Zinus mattress may not provide the support a heavy-set person needs in a bed. It is an all-foam mattress and does not have a lot of supportive features.
People who do not like how classic memory foam feels: When you sleep on the Zinus mattress, it feels every bit like a memory feel and some people may not like it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my mattress does not expand to its appropriate thickness?
As mentioned earlier, it takes between two to three days for the mattress to fully expand, but memory foam takes longer some times. We recommend that you sleep on the mattress while it is expanding so that air can flow into it and further help the decompression process. If your mattress does not expand fully after a week, you can claim your warranty by getting in touch with the company.
How long can the mattress stay in its box?
It is best that you take the mattress out of the box as soon as possible preferably immediately you take delivery of the mattress. Do not forget that it will take some time for your mattress to decompress and get rid of any off-gassing. Therefore, the earlier you start these process, the sooner you can sleep on the mattress.
Is the bed available in more than one firmness option?
No, but you can get a variety of thickness options. Our review here is about the 12-inch variant, which is the thickest, but you can get less thick options that are cheaper such as 6 inches, 8inches and 10 inches.
Where is the Zinus Green Tea Mattress Manufactured?
Zinus has its manufacturing facility in China.
The Zinus mattress has a few shortcomings, and for sleepers that weigh more than 230 pounds, none of the mattresses offered by the brand can support this weight. Many of their mattress models also do not have the thickness of memory foam that delivers the longevity and high level of performance in this type of mattress.
In spite of these shortcomings, the Green Tea mattress is such an attractive and valuable mattress tempting enough for every budget shopper. It costs lesser than most memory foam mattresses in the market and still has a risk-free sleep trial of 100 nights. With a variety of height profiles to choose from, customers can very much settle for this brand and have no regrets whatsoever.
You May Also Be Interested in the Next Posts on Our Website:
Tempurpedic Reviews | Stearns and Foster Mattress Review | Serta Mattress Reviews | Sealy Mattress Review | Tuft And Needle Review | Lucid Mattress Review | Purple Mattress Review | Nectar Mattress Review | Lull Mattress Review | Leesa Mattress Reviews | Casper Mattress Review | Beautyrest Mattress Review | Bear Mattress Review | Amerisleep Mattress Review | Ghostbed Review | Saatva Mattress Review | Layla Mattress Review