If you have ever tried sleeping in a car, a plane, or while any other locomotive while traveling, then you can relate with the pain and discomfort you faced while you tried to rest your neck on the seats, and the pain you encountered when you woke up. Thus, most road sleepers and fliers cannot dispute, how great travel pillows can be, not only in their sleep but in their overall traveling experiences.
Compared to standard pillows, travel pillows come in a smaller form, and thus, can be squeezed to fit the little space between the sleepers’ head and the headrest. Besides, their weight is very little, making them very portable and easily storable. While most of them feature luxurious materials or lightweight foam, others are air-filled and may be deflated to make them further portable. Apart from the usual travel pillows with square or rectangular shapes, the available models today are the U-shaped and have designs with improved creativity.
In this content, we will look at the various travel pillows types, plus the brands we have selected for our list of best travel pillows available now. We base our choices on confirmed owner and buyers’ experience and extensive study and analysis of the product.
The Best Travel Pillow
7. Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Airplane Travel Kit
The Best Travel Pillow Table
The Best Travel Pillow Reviews
J-Pillow Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 7.3 x 4.9 inches
Item Weight: 8 ounces
The J-Pillow Travel pillow is the representation of “genuine” -it is even the number one yearly champion for British innovation. Perhaps you want to know the woman responsible for this innovative product. Sure, she is an ex-flight attendant, who understands what it means to experience discomfort while sleeping during flight or travel. Contrary to other available pillows, this particular brand has a design that allows it to give support to your head, the neck, and chin while you sleep deeply.
It has a unique design that closes the space between your shoulders and head, providing all the support you need from a pillow while traveling. It also has a shape, which lets you alter and twist it to any position which you deem fit, that is, for adequate support and comfort. Not only is the J-pillow suitable for plane-traveling, but it is also ideal for bus and car-traveling, home-reading and even camping.
Besides, if what you need is a portable model, then you have seen what you need precisely. You will only need to tuck the pillow into its carry bag, and thus, it would become as small as half of its original size. Then, you can use the snap-loop fastener to connect it to your baggage. Therefore, you will worry less about carrying it about before use. And, since you can wash it with a machine, it is effortless to maintain. It is also durable, and so, getting dirty for it is not a problem for you when you travel!
Cabeau Evolution S3 Memory Foam Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 79%
Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 10 x 5 inches
Item Weight: 11.7 ounces
It might be of amusement to you that the travel pillows available in the market are not quite expensive. Perhaps, you, like us, think that people in search of luxurious pillows are those who travel in the first class. However, the remaining of us back in coach should try out the Cabeau Evolution S3 Travel pillow, to have the best traveling experience.
Already, the authentic Cabeau Evolution Travel pillow was one of the most top-rated memory-foam U-shaped pillows available. Its features place it above its counterparts; high-quality constituent materials, the for-all-neck-sizes design, the adequately firm memory foam, washable case, and its flexible structure. Recently, the travel pillows released by this company, the Cabeau Evolution S3, have been enhanced significantly, that is compared to its initial design. And, it included some significant features, which increases its price-equalizing value, and its top-rated selection.
As the name (S3) means their patent-pending Seat Strap System, this incredible feature makes it a preferred choice. With the straps at the back of the pillows, you can easily attach it to the wings of an airplane sear in different ways, and thus, both the pillow and your head will be kept in an aligned position all through your trip. Although not every airplane or locomotive has seat wings, this feature can still be found in at least, many transport facilities, and so, the pillow has the upper hand in that aspect. Just connect these straps with the modifiable front clasp to get the best support for your neck, whether your neck is limp or not.
Although this model is hitherto a U-shaped brand, it features a couple of improvements, which places it uniquely above its counterparts. The pillow’s back is rather flat, and thus, maintains alignment of your spine with your seat. Also, with the raised sides, you are sure to get all the support you need while sleeping, even if you lean your head towards on direction. With an adequate density for a solid base, the memory for provides most of the support, and although the raised sides rose towards the headphone, the flexible foam ascertained that no pressure or discomfort was included. Also, compared to the previous model, the material on the S3 provides more comfort in different temperatures.
As it is available as a quick-dry efficient fabric, although we didn’t sweat so much to know how functional that feature was, the Evolution and S3 have a removable cover, which you can wash with a machine, that is, a contrast to out other two selections. So, this model is a must-buy for those of you who sweat on your necks.
Above all, a part of the most surprising facts about this model is that; even with the large and comfortable size of both the Evolution and S3, they both are compressible to snugly fit into the travel bags, which have been included form the onset, and thus, they are completely portable. Funny enough, they are so compressible that after fitting into the travel bags, and on removing it took them a while to expand back to their original sizes, although it didn’t take as much time as what I would describe as annoying though. Some reviewers stated that the zipper on their compression got broken, although we didn’t experience such problems in our tests, the majority of reviewers mentioned that they got replacements quickly when they bought from Cabeau directly.
Since we have, so far, not found any model that is as comfortable as the first-class elite’s lay-flat comfort, we still consider the Cabeau Evolution S3 as the nearest thing to practical luxury we have found hitherto.
BCOZZY Chin Supporting Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 11 x 4.7 inches
Item Weight: 7.4 ounces
At this price range, pillows come in various sizes, shapes, and functions. However, with the recent innovation, only a few genuinely provided the unique travel experience that users needed. What we needed were easy-to-use, portable pillows which will not cause embarrassment during use while traveling. Although if you judge the book by its cover, the BCozzy Chin-Supporting Pillow might not seem so different from its counterparts. Conversely, if you use it, you will be astonished by its remarkable features.
Apart from being tightness-adjustable and flexibly overlap-able, the BCozzy can also be mainly round-loop shaped or double-stacked C-shaped. For the round shape, the pillow wraps all around your neck, while your head or chin secures it. Some people who do not like contact around their necks might have difficulty getting used to it, but since it is tightness-adjustable and secure simultaneously, it still provides excellent support for users, particularly those who usually sleep deeply. We'd be rather honest that we haven't seen any other model that keeps users’ heads and necks as upright and aligned as this one. Also, the pillow is adjustable in case you want to lean on something, whether it is your under-chin or any side of your head, and thus it is excellent for all types of seats including aisle and middle. Speaking of the double C-shape, on the other hand, it is excellent for side sleepers, sitting-in-window-seats sleepers, car-ride sleepers, etc., who need support on just a side of their whole body.
We mainly consider whether the pillows will disturb your large on-ear headphones or not. And, as the BCozzy is placed on the lower neck and chin, we tried several headphones, and none of them touched the pillow at all.
Most of our testers and reviewers generally complained that since it has fleece material, the BCozzy gets somewhat hot, mainly when it is in full wrap. Although we rarely found such discomfort, you can as well wrap a silk cloth or any light material around the zenith, where it has contact with your face or neck. Although it does not compress or become compact, its snap-strap attachment is easier to use, compared to some other clips. And, it remained its shape and position all through layovers and transfers, while it was attached to different luggage and bags.
In a nutshell, this pillow provides excellent support and design, which, as it keeps the uprightness of your head, makes it perfectly fit into average selection.
Travelrest Therapeutic Memory Foam Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 78%
Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.2 x 3.8 inches
Item Weight: 8.8 ounces
As it is an excellently supportive U-shaped pillow with soft, one-layer memory foam, the TravelRest Curl Memory Foam Pillow is another excellent pick. The material tightly fits the sleeper’s shoulders and the neck, and although it conforms to these body parts, it still recovers its original shape, and you are less likely to see indentations on the material. Also, the foam is handy at reducing pressure points, including neck and shoulder pain, and other body parts which might develop discomfort when traveling.
It also has a modifiable drawstring located at the pillow’s front to allow the user to release or cinch it when they need more stability. This model has a detachable, machine-cleanable microfiber cover since you will never need to clean the foam. It also offers 24 months warranty, making it preferred compared to other pillows, which didn’t offer a guarantee at all.
Trtl Scientifically Proven Super Soft Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Product Dimensions: 2.9 x 2.9 x 1.5 inches
Item Weight: 5 ounces
As claimed by the Trtl Pillow, this model provides for you, substantial support, which has been scientifically proven, while you sleep on a bus, flight or train ride.
Primarily, this model comfortably places your neck in a correct position as you sleep or rest all through your journey.
As also claimed by it, this model is better than the regular U-shaped models, which are made of memory foam and designed only for traveling.
As its size is about half of that of a standard pillow, and its weight is only 148 grams, this model is rather compact. It is also very portable and is not space-consuming.
PUREFLY Best Travel Pillow Review
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 89%
Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 11 x 5.5 inches
Item Weight: 8.5 ounces
Those of you who need adequate neck support while resting on a pillow during travel will enjoy this product from PUREFLY.
Since it uses modern inflating technology for its design, it is undoubtedly, a unique inflatable product for support.
On the lower part of the pillow is a button, which you will need to continuously press until you get the exact inflation that you prefer.
Apart from its creative design, it also provides excellent neck support during rest, and thus, you should relax and feel very comfortable while using it in any sitting position you deem fit. And, it provides full support for your head while you tilt, irrespective of the direction of your head.
Everlasting Comfort Pure Memory Foam Travel Kit Review
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 84%
Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 8.5 x 4.9 inches
Item Weight: 14.4 ounces
The raised lobe design and complete original shape that this model comes with is excellent at capturing and supporting your head, while you tilt it towards different directions while traveling.
It provides a reasonable amount of comfort and contains memory foam, which is the principal constituent of the product.
Besides, the pillow itself is particularly comfortable, since it has a soft and luxurious texture, which you will enjoy.
Why You Need a Travel Pillow
The type of travel pillow you use can determine whether you will enjoy your trip and yourself, or if you will spend your entire outing uncomfortable, and with a strained neck, headache, fatigue, and complete disappointment.
You need an airplane pillow to help you sleep in the unpleasant conditions you will find yourself in during your journey. Your body is used to your standard, horizontal sleeping position. If you are on a plane or any other commercial transport, you would be sitting.
It is entirely okay to do that until you start to doze off, and your body starts to relax. Then, your neck, by itself, would bend towards the direction of your weight. If at this moment, you are without a pillow, you are more likely to wake up to stiffness, discomfort and even a headache. So, this situation is where an appropriate pillow can be a lifesaver.
Who Should Use a Travel Pillow?
Usually, when you travel, sleeping is not one significantly considered factor. And, the seats you find on airplanes do not give enough space and comfort for the legs, head, and neck, and not even adequate space for you to stretch out or tilt to sleep.
Unfortunately, travel duration is another contributing factor, as the majority of people can manage in trips, which last about 2 to 3 hours, but flights and overseas journeys usually last for at least, 8 hours in the plane only. If you now combine these potential discomforts with the delays and jet lags, you'd see that most people who travel end up stressed out after their journeys.
Several airlines and train lines provide pillows to support these passengers, but most of these pillows are not lack adequate cushioning, and will not adequately support the passengers. This condition might pose a problem, since the passengers need such support during travel, and thin pillows are not what they need. Flight sleepers should consider the size and width of their heads and shoulders respectively. Most airplane pillows have low-lot designs, which mean that they have measurements of about 3 inches or less. According to the table below, the low-loft travel pillows can be ideal for people with small heads and shoulders, while people with broader and bigger measurements will not find comfort in such pillows.
On the other hand, travel pillows, typically, are medium-loft or high-loft, and thus, they have a thickness of at least 3 inches. Apart from providing loft, they also assist travelers in terms of adapting and adjusting to the uncomfortable sleeping position, which they are not used to in a seat, which almost does not recline at all. When the majority of people sleep in reclining positions, rather than the horizontal position they are used to, their necks will tend to push forward while they are sleeping or subconscious, and thus they are very prone to neck aches in the morning. On the other hand, when they sleep with a travel pillow, they will be able to lean their heads and neck more towards the beck, and therefore they will be less likely to fall forward while sleeping.
However, campers might not be as much concerned in terms of sleep position, since they sleep in their tents horizontally. Nevertheless, particularly for campers whose beds are not as thick as the ones they have as home, campers still need some amount of cushioning while sleeping. Thus, high-loft pillows are better choices for campers, backpacker and other people who, for recreation, sleep in tents.
Travel Pillow Buyer’s Guide
Several people, when traveling on different locomotives including cars, trains, planes, and other types of public transportation, rely on travel pillows for both support and comfort. And, the backpackers and campers are also beneficiaries of travel pillows. Typically, travel pillows feature small and dense attribute enough to go into regular luggage or overnight bag.
Majority of travel pillows have U-shape to allow a close fit around the shoulders of the sleeper, and give adequate support to the neck, head, and spine, while several models have other shapes. Nowadays, travelers can select from an extensive variety of non-inflating and inflatable designs of pillows. Majority of them cost from $10 to $40, and are available in various physical and online stores; both in retails and wholesales.
In this guide, we will be looking at the merits and demerits of travel pillows, as well as tips for buyers, and our choices to get the best non-inflating and inflating types that are offered for sale at this time. Foremost, let's discuss the reason to or not to use travel pillow for road-traveling.
Inflatable or Not?
Well, this factor should probably be part of the first and most important to consider. There is a reasonable difference between the two types of travel pillows. Since inflatable pillows take less space in your luggage or bag, they pose as more portable or handier for portable.
And although several people prefer this type for traveling, it also has its downside; on continuous pressure, it might air out and flatten after some time.
Conversely, non-inflated models are usually denser, less portable and more room-consuming. Nonetheless, most of them are made of conforming memory foam, which is very and uniquely comfortable and supportive.
Concisely, it is a matter of personal preference. You should settle for the inflated model if you are keen about portability and not that much comfort, and vice versa.
This factor is based on the model you intend to buy. Typically, inflatable travel pillows feature several polyurethane-based materials, which you can easily fold and store. They are also incredibly soft and comfy.
Contrary to those mentioned above, non-inflated travel pillows for airplane are made of conforming memory foam. And, apart from providing improved support and comfort for your neck, most of them also hold up your head, in case of accidental tilting while you are sleeping or resting.
Airplane Sleeping Position
The type of pillow you use for your trips will determine your sleeping position. As several people enjoy resting their heads on the back headrest, they are most likely also to prefer the regular U-shaped model.
And, since others tend to tilt their heads severely while sleeping, they will surely need a pillow, which is good at minimizing head tilting, and this is undoubtedly another significant factor.
Finally, if you are solely interested in napping or resting during travel, you might find more comfort in a function-specific front-facing pillow, which works uniquely for this purpose.
This factor is the foremost and most essential one to consider when shopping for a travel pillow for flight. You will undoubtedly have to sleep in a sitting position except you have enough luxury to use the expensive first-class flights, which includes onboard beds.
Yes, in a sitting position, your head will tilt to the direction similar to the course of the plane or the transport method, which you are using. And, most of the pressure you experience will be pushed to your neck. Thus, you should be considering a pillow which offers adequate neck support.
Long or Short Flight?
Those of you who intend to go on longer flights should consider the inflated neck travel pillow, as it takes up less space in your bag. It is advantageous because, since it is a more extended flight, you are expected to take more items than you would on a regular journey, and as such, you do not want to choke up your bag with a travel pillow.
However, if you intend to go on a shorter flight, and you will need fewer items, you can afford to include the non-inflated model, which is bulkier.
Generally speaking, it all depends on your personal preference, as well as if you have the luxury to take a non-inflated, large pillow along with you. If you can, it is better, since most people typically prefer these models.
Travel Pillow Shape
Usually, you will find more U-shaped pillows in the travel pillow world, given that most people love it for the support it offers. Also, the inflatable U-shape pillows allow you to quickly deflate and store the pillow when you are not on the flight. Nonetheless, some users have made complaints that this particular shape is not that efficient for neck support, and so, some advancements are coming up.
As it is new and trending on the market, the J-shaped pillows are available to fill the blank spaces that U-shaped pillows could not fill. This pillow type provides more chin support, as well as flexibility, as thus, keeps the head supported compare dot some U-shaped pillow models. Sadly, the shape of this model makes it less portable than several of its counterparts.
The biggest asset of this pillow model is its flexibility. As several shapes are designed for only neck and head support, the hourglass-shaped is like the Swiss-Army knife of pillows. Not only is the hourglass-shaped pillow useful for your head and neck, but it is also helpful for the knees and back, including bed-sleeping. Nonetheless, if you need a model specifically designed for neck support, you should consider another shape.
As the name implies, the wrap style pillow (like a scarf), will wrap around the neck, making it ideal for travelers who tilt their heads while sleeping. Also, in terms of portability, this model is also a brilliant one, as it is part of the most comfortable forms to pack and fold instantly. However, if you had grown to enjoy the standard travel pillows, you might not need to buy this model.
Talking of rectangular traveling pillows, they are the closest to your regular pillows at home in terms of resemblance. However, there is a significant difference between these two types; they are more tightly-packed and are meant for spaces in traveling vehicles.
Generally, you will enjoy this model if your neck has its foundational support, and does not tilt while you sleep. This model is not very in use because not most people have that kind of native support. You should go for a more neck-supportive model.
Inflatable versus Non-Inflatable
Several regular travelers have their strong views and preferences in terms of whether to use inflatable or non-inflating travel pillows. However, you will assume the most suitable type of pillows depending on some factors you often consider, which comprises:
- General Comfort: Between memory foam and luxurious latex, manufacturers use various inner materials to produce non-inflatable pillows. Mostly, these items are cozier than the materials used in inflatable travel pillows. Nevertheless, usually, for travel pillows, people focus more on portability.
- Portability: In terms of portability, inflating travel pillows have the upper hand since their deflating feature allows them to be easily packed and tucked in a carry-on or luggage bag. On the contrary, however, some non-inflatable models, like the wrap style are more comfortable to pack than the non-inflating J-shaped and U-shaped travel pillows.
- Loft Customize: You have better neck support and alignment with higher-loft travel pillows. Advantageously, if you have an inflatable travel pillow, you have the opportunity to alter the size and loftiness of the pillow anytime you want.
Inflatable Travel Pillows
Most of the travel pillows available today are the U-shaped models, which are made to rest on your shoulder, leaving the two ends facing the front. Several U-shaped pillows come with high backs with a gentle curve, for additional support. This design will comfortably reduce neck pain and tension relief.
Also, some U-shaped travel pillows have long enough shape to go round the neck, and this, provide all directional support and comfort for sleepers who tilt their necks to different directions during rest.
Apart from U-shaped models, some travel pillow models look like the rectangular-shaped bedroom pillows. Also, other available designs are the leaner, fabric wraps, which include a foldable neck brace built inside the pillow to provide a flat surface for resting, and longer, slender models, which you can embrace like a body pillow.
Irrespective if the shapes they come in, generally, travel pillows have two classifications- the inflating and non-inflating categories. Foremost, let us explore the inflatable type. The regular features of inflatable designs are:
- Inflation method: For the inflation method, travel pillows generally use two ways; the traditional mouth-respiration method, and the newer automatic inflation method. As the name implies, some models using the old fashioned method will require the user to mouth-blow the pillow, until the pillow becomes inflated with the desired loft. These types of pillows feature tight valves for blowing. On the other hand, the newer models do not require mouth-blowing; instead, they feature a similarly close valve, but a button which the user presses until he gets the inflation and loft he or she desires. Irrespective of the method involved, both cases have adjustable lofts. However, ensure never to overinflate your pillow, as it might cause the cushions seems to burst open or the structure to damage. However, disadvantageously, inflatable pillows tend to deflate naturally over time, mainly when you use it for a long time, and with a substantial amount of pressure. So, you might have to slightly overinflate it to prepare for its minimal deflation in due time.
- Material composition: the majority of inflating travel pillows use a shell produced from polyurethane-based material, like polyvinyl, which can be glossy and chilly on touching. Thus, inflatable pillows usually include covers made of materials such as velour or velvet for higher resistance and warmer texture. Besides, these added-covers additionally act as a hygienic obstruction between the shell of the pillow and the face of the sleeper, as you can remove and machine wash them. In contrast, you should never wash polyurethane shells.
- Compactness: by definition, all travel pillows look compact, at least, to a reasonable extent, although inflating travel pillows take less space than their non-inflatable counterparts, which cannot reduce their sizes. Thus, these pillows come suitable for extended journeys, since they take up less space. The majority of inflatable travel pillows weigh at or less than 10 ounces.
Non-Inflating Travel Pillows
Subsequently, we will talk about non-inflating pillows for travel. Common characteristics of these models include:
- Non-adjustable: Contrary to inflating pillows for travel, you cannot adjust the loft of non-inflating models because of their concrete construction. You should try to test out these pillows before buying to check if the loft suits you if you have the opportunity to do so.
- Material composition: the majority of non-inflating travel pillows available nowadays are produced with memory foam (viscoelastic polyfoam). This type of material has a design, which allows it to expand and conform to the body of the sleeper when in contact with the person’s body heat, and recover its shape on cooling. Usually, as softer models sink and result in neck pain, travel pillows generally use denser memory foam materials to provide constant head, neck, and spine support. Similar to inflating and non-inflating pillows, memory foam-based travel pillows usually come with detachable, washable cases. Although non-inflating models, which are based on other constituent materials like polyester or fleece, never include a pillowcase, they are typically machine-cleanable. These types of pillows are usually beads or polyester puffballs filled, which might not provide as much comfort, and should the pillow mistakenly gets torn, these materials used to fill the pillow might break off, and thereby, reduce the pillow’s loft.
- Thickness: because of their non- adjustable nature, non-inflating travel pillows usually have higher loft compared to inflatable models. However, their disadvantage is that they are often bulkier and harder to be accommodated in bags compared to the inflatable ones that can be size-reduced by deflating. Although non-inflating travel pillows may have their materials folded or molded to contain in bags or make more room, these pillows might not be entirely ideal for travelers with limited space, including backpackers and long-journeying travelers. However, these pillows types are suitable for shorter travels and car-camping.
Essential Considerations for Travel Pillow Shoppers
Perhaps you are looking for a new pillow for travel, below are a few considerations to hold on to while you compare different models and brands:
- The cost of the pillow: Principally, the majority of travel pillows cost around $40 or less. But, inflatable travel pillows, usually, are less expensive than non-inflating ones.
- The pillow’s loft: Although you can adjust the loft of inflatable pillows to your desired density, they typically have a maximum of medium-loft. However, while non-inflating travel pillows may be non-adjustable, they are likely medium or high-loft.
- The pillow’s inflation method: Talking of inflated pillows, they either use human oxygen, that is, manual blowing or use automatic fill, which is built-in buttons and valves. You can pick the types of pillow that suit you depending on your preference. However, it is considered quite unhygienic, using one’s mouth to inflate a pillow through a valve that the take in the air, particularly if the pillow has several users.
- If the pillow without inflating consists of more pieces: While some non-inflatable models include a shell of memory foam, and a launderable, detachable cover, other models have one-piece plans fabricated from washable fabric with puffball or bead fill. Most travelers appear to have a preference for memory foam feel, compared to one-piece plans produced from materials such as fleece or polyester.
- If the pillow or cover is machine washable: Most travel pillows either come with separate, washable, detachable covers or are launderable themselves. This feature is essential for a clean lifestyle, as bacteria and grease can build up on the sleeping surface of the pillow.
- The amount of space the pillow occupies: Inflated travel pillows, somewhat, are compact when deflated, although the owner must ensure that they do not come in touch a spiky object in their items of baggage. Non-inflatable pillows, on the other hand, are bulkier and more cumbersome to go into bags.
- Your preferred sleep position: Back sleepers find most relieve and support with the U-shaped pillows. Conversely, side sleepers that are not used to sleeping on their heads might find relief and support in other pillow shapes.
- If the pillow includes a guarantee: Rarely, travel pillows have up to 2 years guarantee, as many of them do not add any guarantee at all. Instead of a warranty, some models may consist of a money-refund guarantee with a receipt proof.
Ways to Sleep Comfortably While Traveling
During your travel time, if you get a substantial amount of sleep, you can experience a big difference in your whole traveling experience, when you get to your destination. Yes, every travel experience had its difficulties. While airplanes do not have enough humidity, trains and buses may have too many disturbing stops. Irrespective of your transport means, these general guidelines will aid your sleeping while you travel.
- Come comfortable: this is the 21st century; you no longer need to dress especially for traveling. Ensure to put on free clothing to improve healthy blood circulation. Also, try to bring unique clothing like sweaters or hats in case of weather fluctuations.
- Drown out disturbing light: usually, buses, airplanes, trains, and other commercial transports are filled with light disruptions, which may affect your sleeping time. Thus, bring along with you, a sleep mask to ward off upsetting lights for adequate sleep during your trip.
- Block noise: sometimes, airplane cabins can go as high as 105 decibels, and if it lasts for a long time, it is not suitable for your delicate ears. So, ensure to bring along, a noise-canceling headphone or earplug to prevent this noise.
- Stay hydrated: even as it is essential for all travelers to maintain a constant hydrated level, it is especially vital for air travelers, since the low humidity in a cabin can cause you to dehydrate faster. Thus, increase your water intake, and decrease your alcohol intake as much as possible. Although the majority of airports do not allow you to bring water along for security purposes, you can still bring along an empty water container to be filled at the water fountain before boarding.
- Take healthy food and drink: rather than take sodium-rich bites that will dehydrate you, choose provisions that will aid your sleeping. Healthy snacks, including bananas, cherries, cheese, milk, and nuts are handy since they have elements such as calcium, tryptophan, and magnesium, which tells your body to relax.
- Maintain well-positioned body: while sleeping, ensure to keep your backbone aligned and muscles relaxed. Also, avoid crossing legs for long to prevent restricted blood circulation and tingly feeling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it okay to use travel pillows for kids?
Of course, they are excellent for kids. Since strain and neck-injury can be severe for children, they should be given adequate neck support. Thus, take more time to choose their pillows.
Yes, it depends on the pillow type, but check for pillows which are made for children specifically.
What sitting position is the best for airplane sleeping?
Typically, you would sit in the same upright position, as you do not have much choice after all. In that case, sit in a way which will minimize your head movement efficiently. Resting on the side will do. Conversely, if you are on the mid-seat, you should use a regular U-shaped traveling pillow.
Can airplane travel pillows cause neck pain?
Sure. If you use an inferior travel pillow for your flight, you are prone to neck ache. You should take your time before buying your pillow.
If you do not get the ideal travel pillow, you might end up having discomfort or stiffness severely. You should consider this factor, and then, follow the guidelines above carefully. Thus, you will have no problems with your pillow!
There are a few must-to-consider factors, which we have helped you, the list above, for your comfort. And, we have also helped you list some of the best sleeping travel pillows available. Since they are of various types and materials, you have the opportunity to pick what will suit you the most!
You May Also Be Interested in the Next Posts on Our Website: