The research done on this website is made possible by commissions earned through sales from affiliate links shared within the content. Learn more here.
As long as you are already used to your memory foam mattress, you know that it has a lot of health benefits, including the support it provides to your neck, back, hips, and legs. Apart from the numerous health benefits, it also maintains its quality and texture for as long as you use it. Moreover, the best cool gel mattress is even better in terms of overall function.
Similar to the other brands of memory foam, they are made up of viscoelastic. However, there is one main feature that differentiates them from their counterparts, which is the inclusion of cooling gel material, which comes in one or two layers and allows the mattress to sleep cold.
The inclusion of the gel base will provide comfort and relatively cold nights for a person that sweats during sleep, lives in a warm area or a person that cannot endure the heat traditional memory foam mattresses produce.
On this list, there's a remarkable gel memory foam version that makes sleep very comfortable for people with different sleep preferences or firmness choices. Gel memory foam mattresses come in various features and sizes and create a perfect atmosphere for cool and comfortable sleep nights.
It is normal if it is a challenge for you to get a new mattress. Out of the numerous brands, you may not know exactly, the type of bedding or kind of materials that would suit you. Thus, we are here to help you figure out the best bed for you. And, we will do that by evaluating the mattresses and giving you tips on what to or what to not buy.
Here, we will provide the best gel memory foam mattresses, and give you detailed descriptions of each of the beds so that you can pick what suits your perception.
The Best Gel Mattresses
The Best Cooling Gel Mattress - GhostBed Luxe
The Best Double-Sided Gel Infused Mattress - Layla Sleep
The Best Ventilated Cool Gel Mattress - Classic Brands
The Best Organic Cotton Covered Gel Mattress - Loom & Leaf by Saatva
The Most Affordable Gel Infused Mattress - Olee Sleep
The Best Rated Gel Mattress - Best Price Mattress
The Best Luxury Gel Infused Mattress - Alexander Signature by Nest Bedding
The Best Gel Mattress Table
The Best Cooling Gel Mattress
The Best Double-Sided Gel Infused Mattress
The Best Ventilated Cool Gel Mattress
The Best Organic Cotton Covered Gel Mattress
The Most Affordable Gel Infused Mattress
The Best Rated Gel Mattress
The Best Luxury Gel Infused Mattress
The Best Gel Mattress Reviews
GhostBed Gel Mattress Luxe Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 76%
Item Weight: 104 pounds
GhostBed Luxe mattress is suitable for those of you who need gel-memory foam mattresses with numerous cooling features. Its cool-to-the-touch cover, layers of cooling memory foam, and firmer overall feel make it one of the best beds in its field.
- It comes with a cooling cover that provides comfort for its sleepers. The GhostBed Luxe is among the first mattresses to address the issue of heating at night, by the use of its unique fibers. The individual threads draw body heat away, therefore allowing you to sleep and wake up sweat-free. It also has cool-to-the-touch covers that regulate your temperature during sleep.
- It also has cooling foams to supplement the cover. Several layers of gel memory foam combined with a sheet of “Ghost Ice,” a phase-change technology provides a maximum cooling effect for its sleepers.
- It comes with a firm feel for a wide range of sleepers. The GhostBed Luxe has a similar texture to that of other memory foam beds, although it is a bit firmer and does not allow its sleeper to sink into it.
Suitable for hot sleepers and memory foam lovers
Bulky, long lasting, all-foam bed
Comfortable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers (also, heavier side sleepers)
Maybe too firm for some people
Might be too chilly for persons that do not sleep hot at night
Layla Sleep Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 73%
Item Weight: 70 pounds
This mattress is one of the best gel memory foam mattresses for a few significant reasons. Not only is this bed including gel memory foam on both ends, but Layla also has a Flippable nature, which is a distinct feature.
- It comes with two different firmnesses on opposite sides of the mattress, giving its sleeper the opportunity to choose firmness levels preferably.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee and can endure wear and tear. And, it is very affordable as an average queen size doesn’t cost up to $1,000.
- Its soft side at one end of the mattress has a medium firmness scale. This side is an excellent choice for side sleepers as it relieves pressure. Additionally, its gel memory foam is fluffy and airy, and therefore, provides comfort to the body.
- Its firm side at the other end of the mattress has a medium- firm firmness scale. It comes with a similar cover with the same soft texture as on the softer side. The cover is dark grey/black and makes the firm side comfortable. Because of its suitable firmness, the firm side is an excellent choice for all sleepers weighing below 230/250 pounds.
- It also reliefs pressure and has gel memory foam, although it has a neutral texture as the memory foam sheet is slimmer compare to others.
- It also comes with a special copper-infused Memory Foam that regulates temperature around the mattress. The mattress can keep you cool throughout the night by drawing heat away from the surface. Compared to a standard 1990s memory foam bed, this mattress does a better cooling job.
It has two distinct sides
Suitable for all sleepers’ types
It lasts for a lifetime
It is not suitable for heavier people, (hybrid mattresses be a better option)
It is neither firm nor soft
Classic Brands Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 83%
Item Weight: 76 pounds
When it comes to gel-infused memory foam mattresses, The Classic Brands 10.5” Cool-Gel Self-Ventilating Memory Foam Mattress is on top of its game. It is among the best mattresses as it has good reviews from owners and excellent customer service.
- It is very affordable
- It measures 10.5 inches in depth and is available in different sizes such as the Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, California King, and King Sizes.
- It also offers a Classic Brands 10.5” Cool-Gel Self-Ventilating Memory Foam Mattress for single sleepers and even two people.
- It also has a 2-inch Cool-Gel memory foam on top that allows breathability and regulation of temperature. It also relieves pressure like memory foams.
- The seconding layers are two layers of 1” Gel-Supportive Polyfoam, which supports the Gel-Foam layer.
- It also has a 6.5 inches thick support base layer that supports the mattress and aligns your body, eliminating motion transfer as you sleep.
- It is reported to be quite firm, with the gel layer providing enough plush to comfort the sleeper.
- It is also hypoallergenic and the foam used is CertiPUR-US licensed.
- It does not easily sag, although reviews have shown that it takes a while to return to its original shape after pressure is put on it.
- It has a 30-day return warranty from authorized sellers. There is also a Classic Brands manufacturer warranty, although we do not know the exact period of coverage.
5-star customer service
Has proper temperature regulation and Breathability
Back pain relief
4-way stretch cover
Pressure point relief third
It takes a while to return to its original shape after pressure is put on it
Loom & Leaf by Saatva Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 70%
Loom & Leaf is among the best gel mattresses because of its many features that makes sleep comfortable. It features two firmness levels and a cooling strip at the center to prevent its sleeper from running hot at night. Saatva; the owner of this Loom & Leaf brand, has put several efforts into making the product completely affordable. Although it is not the cheapest mattress, it offers excellent value for an affordable price.
- It weighs quite heavy compared to other mattresses, making it a suitable choice for sleepers that are heavy.
- It has an organic cover with a pleasant smell.
- It also has a unique cooling strip that keeps you cool through the night. The piece keeps heat away, making it an excellent choice for hot sleepers.
- It features two comfort levels, which are the relaxed firm, which is in a medium firm scale and is suitable for all sleeping positions, and the firm model, which is quite firmer and most ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
- It also has a memory foam feel, although it does not sink in like its counterparts as it is a bit firmer.
Suitable for sleepers who run hot at night
Two choices of firmness levels
Practical preference for adults Ideal for all sleep positions
Natural cotton cover and general green trend
Not quite suitable for side sleepers that weigh less
If you were expecting free returns (they are $99)
Olee Sleep Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 84%
Item Weight: 51.8 pounds
The Olee Sleep 10-inch Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress is an excellent choice for you if you need comfort as you sleep daily. Not as thick as the other beds, it is usually 10 inches thick and dense enough to provide adequate support and comfort to you. Above all, it is very affordable, allowing you to get as many as it would be enough to fill your bedrooms.
- It measures 10inches in depth and provides adequate support during sleep. And, it comes in the queen size currently, although you can check with the brand’s customer support team for other sizes if you need them.
- It also has an excellent top layer that relieves pressure and provides support by contouring to your body shape. Thus, it gives you maximum comfort and support, irrespective of your sleeping position during sleep.
- It also comes with an inch of 8 ILD soft memory foam and an inch of I Gel that regulates body temperature at night.
- It has a 1-inch 24 ILD HD foam that allows the memory foam to retain its shape throughout its years of use.
- Apart from its breathability and comfort, it is very affordable compared to the comfort it provides.
- It is produced from high-class and resilient materials combined with expertise that ensures it would not sag or spoil for as long as it is used.
- It is reported to be among the best beds, not only for the comfort it provides but because it doesn’t lose its shape throughout its years of use.
- It also comes with a 10-year limited guarantee.
It has 25-ILD HD foam, which retains the firmness and shape of the memory foam.
10-year limited guarantee
There are inadequate sizes available
Best Price Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 89%
Item Weight: 30 pounds
Although this mattress comes in two forms, which are the 9-inch and 11-inch, we are only going to be focusing on the 11-inch as this review requires. The Best Price Mattress Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress is among the best mattresses because of the numerous features it combines in an affordable price. It also looks very classy and provides excellent comfort to its sleeper. Although there are limited reviews over this brand, the few evaluated reviews describe the bed to be very satisfying.
- It comes in two forms, the 11-inch and 9-inch, which are available in Full, Twin, Queen, and King Size currently.
- It is also made up of several layers of foam that makes it very supportive and comfortable. Also, its density is adequately luxurious and comfortable, although it is not as thick as other mattresses on this list.
- It features a 1.5-inch gel infused memory foam layer and a 2-inch ventilated comfort foam, which provides breathability and cooling of the mattress, even during hot weathers.
- It also has a 7.5-inch high-density foam, which amounts to durability and reliable support to its user.
- It includes a knitted poly jacquard cover with a non-slip bottom and satin piping border, which improves its aesthetics and positions the bed steadily on the frame of your bed.
- It is made of CertiPUR-US certified foam.
- It doesn’t sag or sink over time, therefore, retaining its value and durability. Thus, the Best Price Mattress 11-inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress is one of the best mattresses you can come across.
- It also comes with a 10-year manufacturer guarantee to ease your stress of looking for durable beds.
Knitted cover with satin piping border, non-slip bottom Gel infused memory foam and ventilated comfort foam sheets.
10-year manufacturer guarantee
Inadequate reviews contrast to other mattresses listed here
Alexander Signature by Nest Bedding Gel Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
Item Weight: 71.8 pounds
There are a couple of reasons why Nest Alexander mattress is on this list; the bed has incredible lovable features that set it different from usual foam beds. The features include its remarkable density, durability, and comfort, combined with its extended durability period that can last for as long as you wish. Furthermore, it comes in different firmness levels that you can choose from. However, the most remarkable feature of this bed is the equality of the price to the value. Its queen size has an MSRP of about $1,200, which can be cut down to $1,100 after discounts. This discount is incredible, considering the multiple features it offers.
- It has a memory foam feel, which is very light and soft compared to most memory foam mattresses. Undoubtedly, it is very cozy and supportive.
- It measures 12.5 inches in depth and is produced in the U.S.A., and it also has various foam-types plus cool-gel memory foam covering the entire mattress.
- It has a very soft and aesthetic cover that emphasizes the beauty of the bed.
- It comes with two firmness levels; Luxury Firm, which is very common and is between a medium and medium-firm scale, making it suitable for a wide variety of sleepers. And, the Firm model is for heavier individuals and sleepers with back or stomach sleep positions.
Lasts for a lifetime
Suitable for all categories of sleepers
Not suitable for people who need dense memory foam feel, as it is a bit lightweight
How Gel Infusion Helps in Making Memory Foam Better
Typically, many memory foam mattress users complain of the mattress getting warm, especially during summer, although it had been comfortable during the cold months. Sleeping on a warm bed can cause you to have sleepless nights. Fortunately, through researches, producers have invested their time in improving their market and further satisfying their consumers. The inclusion of gel material to memory foam has allowed the mattress to maintain a constant temperature and sometimes, the bed is even able to regulate temperature in relation to the weather. Thus, it keeps warm in cool climates and cools in cold climate.
There are other benefits that gel-infused memory foam beds offer, which are:
Relief from tension. Gel infused memory foam beds offer exceptionally efficient pressure relief like regular memory foam. Thus, it improves back pain, shoulder pain, hip pressure, and other mechanical body issues. Besides, it has a quick response to body pressure, regulation of temperature and aligns your body to provide maximum comfort for you.
Airflow and Breathability. Evidently, gel infusion keeps your bed cool throughout the hot seasons and vice versa. Typically made of beads, the gel particles that are embedded in memory foam mattresses promote better breathability and air circulation.
Great provision of comfort. Gel-infused memory-foam mattresses have firm and plush textures that make them extremely comfortable and exciting to sleep on.
What to Look for in a Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress
With the number of gel-infused memory-foam mattresses in the market today, you might be confused in terms of knowing the perfect one to buy. Of course, many manufacturers will tell you to the benefits and excellence of their products; you may still be unsure of the mattress to pick unless you have the prior knowledge on what to look for in a bed before buying it.
Honestly, no mattress suits everybody, as different people have different need to be met and different mattresses to meet their preferences. On Path Medical, a post about different types of beds has also mentioned this detail. Memory foam is one of the most recommended mattress types, as it suits a large range of sleepers, irrespective of size. However, other mattresses will suit you.
Nonetheless, there are a few things to consider and look out for before choosing a suitable gel infused memory foam mattress. Some qualities to look out for are:
• Size Availability. Definitely, before buying a memory foam mattress or regular mattress, size is a major determining factor. Usually, the standard sizes are Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King Sizes. Also, you have to consider the thickness of the mattress.
• Comfort Layers and Special Features. There are different mattress types with varying layers of foam and other constituents; while some mattresses come with only a few inches of memory foam and a thin layer of gel, the others have both memory foam and innerspring or latex. In addition to these, you should also consider other features such as its level of firmness, cover inclusion, breathability, and etcetera.
• Durability and Longevity. If you do not take enough care in checking the guarantee provided on mattresses, you may end up having to change your bed every few years of use. This situation is very likely to happen as many brands have short durability period and would sag or wear out over time. Thus, you want to look for a mattress with a manufacturer warranty that covers such defects and can go as far as a minimum of 7 to 10 years before replacing.
• Merits and demerits. On a final note, you have to check for the advantages and disadvantages of buying a mattress before plunging into it. Of course, no bed is perfect, and tons of mattresses have disadvantages. However, when you scale out both sides of a coin, you want to pick a mattress which has more suitable advantages over a few possible drawbacks. That way, it would come with fewer faults.
Gel Memory-Foam vs. Traditional Memory Foam
Now, let’s look at what differentiates gel memory-foam from non-gel memory-foam. The first thing you think of when you hear the word “memory foam” is the typical traditional memory foam. The regular memory foam is a thick material, which provides total support and a sink-in feeling when you sleep on it for a long while or apply heat to it. Accordingly, the traditional memory foam mattresses will kind of wrap you in the heat that your body is releasing.
In contrast, Gel memory-foam is the latest technology that adds gel into the memory foam. As you guessed, this foam is different from the traditional gel memory foam only because of the inclusion of gel. Therefore, it has an entirely similar texture as the conventional memory foam feel, just that this one helps to regulate temperature while the other non-gel does not.
Will Gel-Infused Memory Foam Affect Durability?
When you settle for a mattress, you did it because your instincts told you that the bed is durable and will serve you for a reasonable amount of time. However, we cannot say the typical durability of gel memory foam because it has only been in the market since 2011 and we do not know how long it can maintain its functions.
However, it is easier to talk about the durability of memory foam mattresses as they have been around for quite a while now.
Nonetheless, the density of the material is the main determining factor for durability. For instance, an average durable polyfoam would come with a high density of between 1.5 to 1.8 pounds per cubic feet. On the other hand, memory foam is produced differently. The average durable memory foam will feature a density between 4 to 5 pounds per cubic feet, whether it includes gel or not.
Another determining factor in picking a suitable mattress is sleeping position. Sleeping positions include back and stomach sleepers, side sleepers, and combo sleepers and will determine what firmness level will be ideal for an individual. Irrespective of the sleep positions, the primary concern is if the bed supports and aligns your back during sleep.
For back and stomach sleepers, firmer beds will be an excellent choice as it supports the hips and pelvis. For side sleepers, softer beds will correctly do the job, as it provides enough pressure relief around the shoulders and hips. It also prevents the sleeper from waking up with limb pain and it contours to the sleeper’s outline and body weight, so the sleeper gets maximum comfort.
For a combo sleeper, on the other hand, a medium-firm to firm mattress is up to the task. Not only do combo sleepers need support while switching positions, but they also need adequate support to hold their body weight and align the spine and body contours.
Why is Weight Significant With a Mattress?
Another significant factor that comes into the equation is body weight. Body weight determines how soft or firm a bed is to an individual. Assuming a heavier individual sleeps on a bed and describes it as "soft," a lighter individual will describe the mattress as firm.
When we say “heavier individuals,” we commonly mean people that weigh above 225/250pounds, and we refer to people that weigh around and below 115 pounds as “petite individuals.”
You should always remember to keep body weight in mind when you are going through reports of different firmnesses and textures of mattresses.
Who Is Gel Memory Foam Ideal For?
The Gel memory foam is suitable for people that need mattresses soft enough to wrap them in, but not to trap them in their own heat while sleeping. As discussed above, the gel in the memory foam regulates temperature and keeps you cool at night. Therefore, if you sleep hot and still want to experience the “softness,” a gel memory foam mattress is the perfect choice for you.
Buying a mattress is like an investment, and like all investments, you surely want it to last for a very reasonable time. Typically, mattresses last for around ten years, but it still depends on certain factors. Such factors are; how much you use it, whether it’s for the master bed or guest room bed, how heavy the sleeper is and how robust is the constructions framework.
Caring For Your Mattress
Most of the beds sold do not come with detachable covers, so, if you stain your mattress, it is necessary you spot clean it immediately. In case your pet puts muddy paws on the bed, or you spill food on it, you should clean it, to prevent having permanent stains.
Fortunately, it is quite easy to spot clean, although it does not always work. The requirements for spot cleaning are warm water, a mild detergent, and cloth. Dip the fabric in the soap solution, squeeze it and use it to press at the stain, but make sure not to use too much water that will wet the bed. In case of a wet stain, use a dry cloth to dry up, if possible, all the water before cleaning as usual. Most times, spot cleaning will help remove some of the stains but not all of it, particularly in the cases of wet or little spills.
Learn Before You Buy
Irrespective of what the thing is, before buying a product, you have to know a ton of information about it before settling for it, particularly for a product like a mattress, in which you may spend the rest of your life with. Getting the wrong mattress may amount to not getting enough sleep and comfort at night.
For most sleepers with a lot of weight or sleepers who are prone to body pain due to inadequate support, Gel memory foam can be a perfect option for them. On the other hand, contour memory foam also provides such support, but the downside is that the mattress sleeps hot at night, making it limited to sleepers’ preferences.
For people looking for a very durable gel memory foam mattress, Layla Sleep is a recommendable choice, although it is a bit costly. So, if you do not have the cash at hand, it would be advisable to take some time to save up or try out their more affordable alternatives. Nonetheless, with what we have discussed so far, it is quite evident that you can as well come across affordable memory foam mattresses that would suit your preference.
You May Also Be Interested in the Next Posts on Our Website: