The Science Behind Nasal Dilators
Most people are probably convinced that when we breathe through our nose, we are breathing through both nostrils at the same time, though this is not entirely true. In reality, when we are sleeping, our nasal breathing is controlled by a process known as the nasal cycle, which alternates breathing from primarily one nostril to the other for a period of two to three hours at a time.
This is because each nostril requires a period of “rest,” so the other nostril takes control of breathing for a time. This alternating of nasal airflow is what is primarily responsible for the collapsing of the nostrils while sleeping.Enter your text here...
To show the full effect, try to plug one nostril and breathe in through the other while looking in a mirror. You will soon see that when breathing in, the nostril slightly collapses or closes itself due to the effect of trying to force air through it. This same effect is precisely what happens when we breathe through one nostril while sleeping due to the nasal cycle.
So you may be asking yourself what this has to do with snoring. Well, the answer is quite simple. When we sleep and cannot get enough oxygen in through our nostrils due to their constant collapsing on the in-breath, our body automatically switches to mouth breathing to provide the required oxygen to the bloodstream, which results in increased snoring, especially if we happen to be sleeping on our back.
This is also precisely why nasal dilators are so useful at stopping snoring because they allow us to breathe freely through our nostrils by ensuring that they remain fully open.
Choosing the Best Nasal Dilators
If you snore due to constricted nasal passages, then an anti-snoring device such as this might just be the perfect solution for you. Nonetheless, it probably goes without saying that it may take some time to get used to sleeping with a device shoved into each nostril.
Still, the best products on the market are made from soft, medical grade silicone which shouldn’t be too uncomfortable, and most people get used to sleeping with the device within a few nights. However, if you find that this type of device works to reduce or eliminate your snoring, you should know that this is not a temporary fix.
It will be necessary for you to sleep with the device inside your nose every night for the rest of your life if you wish to continue not snoring, but most prefer this to keeping their partner awake every night with their incessant snoring.
When choosing this type of anti-snoring device, there are a few things to pay attention to. The first is that each person’s nostrils are of a different size and shape, which is why most products are available in multiple sizes, so it may be necessary to try out a few sizes to find the one which fits your nostrils best.
Another thing to consider is the material that the dilator is made of. You should steer clear of any dilators made from plastic or rubber, and instead only choose one made of surgical grade silicone, as these are easiest to keep clean and free from bacteria, plus the most comfortable to wear. To make your choice easier, below we have presented two different products which are sure to work for most.
Useful article on-topic: Effectiveness of nasal dilators in preventing snoring
Top-Selling Nasal Dilators
Nasal Dilators: Full Reviews
Anti Snoring Set of 4 Premium Quality Nose Vents by Mute&Calm
Ratings: 4.8 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 98%
Snore stoppers are the easiest and most comfortable aids to eliminate snoring and enhance sleep quality!
This particular product is designed to solve your problem as economically and simply as possible!
- Different sizes included for you to choose the best one. If one didn't work, try a bigger size.
- Help with nasal stuffiness and congestion, busts airflow, enhance sleep quality.
- Comfy shapes and sizes, easy to put in and take out, do not fall out of nostrils while sleeping.
- Much more economical and comfortable than such anti-snoring alternatives as chin straps, mouthpieces, sprays, and pills.
- Find the best fit for you by trying each size.
- Clean with soap and warm water before and after using.
- Dry them before putting into the case.
- Always store them in the hygiene case.
Package Contains: 4 Nose Vents - Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
1 Plastic Antibacterial Case
A full refund will be provided if didn't work.
Improved Anti Snore Nose Vents by JETTEO
Ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 93%
Do you struggle to get out of bed every morning after a night of restless sleep? Don't let snoring negatively impact your life. Put a stop to snoring and try SLEEPEACE today!
DIFFERENT SIZES - Set comes with four different sizes and two different styles. Silicone is so soft and comfortable that you’ll forget you’re wearing them!
THE PERFECT GIFT - Is your partner snoring too much? This will make a perfect gift for both parties!
HIGH QUALITY & REUSABLE - Our product is made of top of the line FDA certified medical silicone and BPA & phthalates free plastic.
FUN & UNIQUE PACKAGING - We care about our customers, and we want to make you happy by providing you with an uplifting design that can’t be matched by any competitors.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEED - If you’re not happy with the product, please don’t hesitate to ask for a refund. No questions asked.
HOW TO USE:
All you need to do is gently insert it into your nostrils before you go to sleep. IT'S THAT EASY.
HOW IT WORKS:
Snoring sometimes occurs when the airflow is obstructed in your nasal passages. FDA approved, BPA & phthalates-free, SLEEPEACE comfortably keeps the nasal passages open and the air flowing smoothly. It's much more comfortable than a bulky mouthguard or restrictive chin strap.
Four tube-style silicone dilators in 4 different sizes
These are soft, comfortable and A LOT more durable than other dilators on the market.
Two net-style plastic dilators in 2 different sizes
As a bonus, we've included a new and improved net-style so you can find the perfect fit.
One clear travel case
JETTEO are confident with the quality of their product, and all orders come with 100% money back guarantee.
P & J Health New Upgraded Nose Vents
Price: Out of stock
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 99%
- Have you been always suffering from interruptions when sleeping at night?
- Are you shamed when disturbing others' beautiful dreams?
- Do you have a stopper, but can't be satisfied because it doesn't work at all?
- Do you avoid using your current stopper because it is not comfortable at all?
Then you need to get the P&J Health Nose Vents!
- Stop Snoring Naturally and Instantly: P&J health Nose Vents has been scientifically designed to maximize airflow through the nasal passage and can cease snoring immediately.
- Safe & No Side Effect: Made with soft medical grade silicone. Odor free and BPA free.
- Easy to Use: Insert gently into the nose, and it will work. No need for the long list of directions.
- Comfortable to Wear & Fit Perfectly: P&J Health Nose Vents includes a set of four different sized & shaped nose vents for a perfect fit! The soft and enhanced silicone gives a comfortable feeling.
- Hygiene Case Included: Packaged in a reusable plastic case to keep the nose vents clean and free of dust. Also, perfect to use as a travel case.
Get control of the snore NOW with the P&J Health Nose Vents!
P & J Health Nose Vents are designed with your safety and satisfaction in mind.
If you are not satisfied with this device – return it for a full refund.
You May Also Find Interesting Next Posts on Our Website:
You May Also Find Useful Checking This Product: