Serta is a reputable, well-known brand that produces mattresses, and checking out the Serta mattress reviews assists in providing more information on the advantage and disadvantages of getting this brand’s mattresses. Through the reviews of customers, varying insights have been provided on what it feels like to sleep on a mattress from this brand from day to day after getting one at the showroom. Our Serta mattress reviews will highlight the opinions of consumers about these mattresses which can help determine whether the mattress options are ideal for your needs or not.
The advantages and Disadvantages of Serta Mattresses
An array of opinions is included in Serta mattress reviews, and these opinions provide answers to questions on if the mattress is worth buying or not. Customers can gain a lot from these reviews because they include the things that seller will never outline about the bed and also the most excellent feature of the mattress.
Advantages from Serta Mattress Reviews
Generally, based on Serta mattress reviews, this brand offers affordable mattresses that provide exceptional comfort. Although features are the main determinants of the prices of these mattresses, the average price of a queen-sized mattress ranges from $500 - $2,500. The most impressive thing about these mattresses for customers is that they are financially attainable without giving up the need for comfort. This brand has shown that it is capable of dealing with joint and muscle pain and some of its models are known to reduce motion sensitivity.
An additional advantage of this brand is that most of their mattresses give off little to no chemical smell when first bought. Just as customers know, the majority of the other premium brands come with a peculiar chemical odor that last for some weeks after they are bought. Odors from these mattresses have only been perceived by a minute percent of owners; hence, this brand is distinctively better than other brands such as Tempurpedic when it comes to off-gassing.
Some customers have complained that the Serta mattresses retain heat. A negligibly higher rate of complaints about heat issues have been associated with a few of the other kinds of mattresses like latex and memory foam; however, it is quite lower than the rate of complaints about the memory foam beds from other prominent manufacturers.
Disadvantages from Serta Mattress Reviews
Just like other mattress manufacturers, Serta has some downsides. The majority of the downsides of this brand are on different lower-end versions that are not as comfortable and long-lasting as other competitors. A few reviews show that sleep can be disturbed because of any sound-inducing movement. Similarly, many customers have complained about visible body impressions and sagging in the mattress which tend to happen quicker than what you would have experienced in other brands. According to some customers, the mattresses of this brand are ideal as guest mattresses because although they provide comfort, sagging occurs too quickly to them when used consistently.
The biggest complaints tend to be centered on the lifespan of Serta beds. While the average lifespan of these beds is about 4 to 6 years, they tend to sag noticeably after using them for a year. Based on some reviews, the firmer mattress models seem to sag lesser than the softer versions as time goes on. Nevertheless, it is likely that the sleepers will experience lumpiness faster when using the softer mattresses in comparison to the firm ones. Due to a lack of adequate support that can relieve pressure on the shoulder and hip region, customers complain that side sleepers may have issues with using this mattress.
Although a few Serta models are great at isolating motion, several customers reveal that lots of versions are quite poor at reducing motion transfer. Basically, a few reviews indicate that this brand performs below average when it comes to protecting its user from motion.
Serta Mattresses Table
The Best Innerspring Serta Mattress
The Best Memory Foam Serta Mattress
The Most Affordable Serta Mattress
The Best Cooling Gel Serta Mattress
The Best Hybrid Serta Mattress
The Reviews of The Best Serta Mattresses
Perfect Sleeper Ultimate Serta Mattress Review
Price: Out of stock
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 79%
Item Weight: 77 pounds
This line is the mid-priced model of the Serta Mattress. The majority of the beds under this line are traditional innerspring versions that come with foam extras or pillow tops. The mid-grade Cushion Top Firm Pillow Top of this model boasts of a medium firm level and its uppermost layer comprises of gel memory foam in the pillow top to make it comfortable. Also, it features an innerspring base boxspring and separately wrapped coils that ensure that it relieves pressure point and responds greatly.
It can be ideally used with the adjustable frame
It offers a peaceful sleep
It provides exceptional support
It is great at isolating motion
It comes with a limited warranty of 10 years
It has quality control problems
Comfort is lost after using it for a year
iComfort Serta Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 92%
Item Weight: 92 pounds
In case you are an individual who sleeps hot, you will gain a lot from using this mattress. The Serta iComfort Blue Max 100 has three different layers. TempActiv gel memory is used for making the first layer, and millions of small beads are integrated into this layer. Heat is trapped, stored and depleted by the beads. Manufactured from EverCool Fuze gel, the second layer of this mattress has a gel that relieves pressure points. Ultimate Edge foam is used for making the third layer, and this ensures that the bed is strong and has an edge that can provide support for your body.
The firmness rating of this mattress is medium. It feels significantly gentle and cool when touched. Each curve of your body is supported by the mattress. Also, to make sure that this product is durable, only materials of the highest quality are used for manufacturing it. Just like the other mattresses, this model has a warranty of 10 years.
It provides exceptional support
It ensures users sleep cool
It offers a great amount of bounce
It is comfortable
The quality control of the mattress is poor
Sagging starts after using it for some years
Sertapedic Serta Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 92%
Item Weight: 60 pounds
Awesome twist gel memory foam is the basic feature of the mattress. This material is known to provide topnotch comfort and is featured in all memory foam beds of the Sertapedic line. The foam is improved with a liquid gel that ensures that it can form around the body calmly to alleviate your pressure point. Similarly, this product encourages the flow of air. A basic Serta foam base is used for the bottom layer so that the product gets enough support and lasts long.
Just like other Sertapedic memory foam mattresses, the adjustable bases can be ideally used with this mattress. With this product, you enjoy sustained personalized comfort for several years. The quality of your sleep can also be enhanced by the adjustable mattress.
It maintains coolness
It provides comfort
It is affordable
It provides adequate support
There are problems with its level of firmness
Perfect Sleeper 800 Serta Mattress Review
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 86%
Item Weight: 74 pounds
As long as your sleeping needs are concerned, this product is an affordable mattress you can count on. It is a memory foam bed that comprises three separate layers. The Cool Action Gel foam is the first layer. Millions of gel beads are integrated into this first layer so that the mattress can alleviate pressure and soothe the body. The balanced support foam, which forms the second layer, provides the perfect feeling. The ComfortLast foam core, which is the third layer, features premium edge encasement.
Some of the functions of the Serta Perfect Sleeper include aligning and supporting the back, minimizing restlessness while sleeping, encouraging a stable sleep temperature, lowering the chances of falling off the edge of the bed and sagging, and reducing motion transfer. The perk of this product is that there are several options of firmness for you to choose from.
It has several firmness levels
It provides comfort
It is affordable
It has excellent edge support
It maintains coolness
Quality control is a problem
It does not maintain coolness for some people
Applause II Hybrid Serta Mattress Review
Price: Check on Amazon
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
Item Weight: 90 pounds
Get the Serta iComfort Applause II Mattress and enjoy seamless comfort. Using this mattress, unearth the kind of sleep you have always craved. While the layers of gel memory foams of this mattress form around your body, the Serta Support Form provides you with the amazing support that is suitable for your sleeping styles. With the aid of the hybrid sleep system of this product, your body will align properly while your pressure points will be alleviated and your body temperature will be controlled appropriately throughout the night for a peaceful sleep. The product boasts of Best Edge Foam Encasement that allows you to lie fully on the sleeping surface from one edge to another so that you can wake up fully rested and happy. The Serta iComfort Applause II Mattress features layers of Ever Feel Triple Effects Gel Memory Foam that soothe your contours and aid pressure point alleviation; thereby, providing you a peaceful sleep at night. As you are sleeping, this foam also controls the temperature of your body and gets rid of any unnecessary body heat. Similarly, this mattress has a Duet Edge coil support structure that makes sure that users enjoy ultimate support as well as motion isolation. Best Edge Foam Encasement allows you to extend fully on the bed from one edge to another.
It is comfortable
It has a soft feel
It maintains its shape for a long time
It delivers great support
It feels lumpy
Its middle part is soft
It generates cavity
History of the Serta Company
Based in the USA, Serta is a company that deals with the production of mattresses. The company was established in 1931 after getting the license from the 13 separate companies that are producing mattresses. Till 2018, the original headquarters of the company was in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
The Teachers’ Private Capital and Ares Corporate Opportunities Fund, which are two private equity firms, acquired the company in 2005. Another private equity group, Advent International, purchased Serta in 2012. From 2016 henceforward, Advent International owns Serta Simon Holdings LLC, Serta International which is its subsidiary as well as its associated groups National Bedding Company LLC and Simmons Bedding Company.
Out of the 27 production facilities that are owned by this company, 23 are found in the US while the remaining ones are based in Canada.
Categorizations of Products
The products of this company are grouped into three major categories which are a traditional innerspring design, gel-infused memory foam, and hybrid beds that blend the two technologies.
Each category of the Serta products has several models of beds that are independently made in a particular factory or set of factories that are owned by the company. The majorities of the models have names that are trademarked. Our Serta Mattress reviews examine these various categories of Serta products.
Through the aid of the coiled springs found in the beds, good support is offered by traditional innerspring beds. Generally, three layers are found inside these mattresses. These layers include a spring core that has the coils, a topmost upholstery layer, and another upholstery layer at the bottom of the mattress.
Typically, there are no springs inside memory foam beds, except in the case of hybrid. The core is usually made of firmer foam while the external layers are made of befitting visco-elastic foam.
This category of Serta mattresses is made with a blend of the components of both memory foam and innerspring mattresses. This combination is usually done through the use of conforming foam as the upholstery layers for a bed that features a spring core. Resultantly, when compared to a core that is totally manufactured with foam, the cost of production of this type is lower. The feel of the mattress is also changed to an extent.
What Should be Expected When Purchasing Serta Mattress Online
Serta.com and other online retailers offer several Serta beds to customers via the internet. However, whenever you want to order for a bed via the internet, here are some important considerations you must remember;
- Study the reviews. Although you should not take these Serta Mattress reviews online too serious, they may be able to assist you in taking note of the general problems associated with a mattress line or put you through on how to select an ideal mattress.
- Find a promo code, referral code, or online code. These types of online savings can be substantial at the end of the day.
- Ensure that you understand any costs associated with handling or shipping of the products because different retailers offer different conditions. A sales tax can be charged sometimes.
- Focus on delivery times. Understanding the shipping and delivery time of your mattress ensures that you have enough time to prepare properly.
Who Might Like A Serta Mattress?
- For individuals who do not have a large budget, Serta may offer several choices of mattresses. Unlike lots of other brands, this company offers several models that cost less than $1,000.
- Individuals that sleep hot in the night would likely prefer the mattresses from this company because they feature cooling technologies such as TempActive™ Gel Memory Foam, EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, Cool Twist® Gel Foam, EverFeel® Triple Effects™ Gel Memory Foam, Serta® Cooling Gel Layer, EverCool Fuze Gel Memory Foam, Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, or EverCool Supreme Memory Foam.
- People who prioritize eco-friendly routines and items might find Serta to be perfect. Based on the information on the website of Serta:
- 95% post-industry recycled steel is used for manufacturing all box springs and innerspring mattresses from this company.
- Lots of fabrics that are utilized for manufacturing the mattress covers of Serta satisfy the standard of the OEKO-TEX 100 that stipulates the production of mattresses without any form of toxic substances; hence, cover fabrics are designed with pure organic cotton and/or natural bamboo.
- Latex that is created from a synthetic or natural latex mixture is used for making Serta mattresses. This latex combination is known to resist allergens and fight microbes naturally. It satisfies the standard of the OEKO-TEX 100 that demands that production of mattresses should be made without utilizing any toxic substances.
- No CFCs, prohibited phthalates, lead, PBDE flame-retardants, mercury, and other toxic materials are utilized for Serta foams. For several product models, soy-based foams are utilized.
- Without using any sort of toxic chemicals or processes, cotton or other types of cellulosic renewable fibers are utilized for making the fire retardant barriers of this product.
- Purely recycled garment clips are used for creating all insulator pads of these mattresses.
Who Might Not Like A Serta Mattress?
- Individuals that prefer a waterbed. This company does not produce mattresses that contain water.
- Individuals that would like to get a bed that has a firmness level that can be adjusted. After buying one of this brand’s beds, it is not possible to change its firmness level to another one.
- Individuals that have problems with mobility or are bothered about how easy it will be for them to get in and out of their mattress. Lots of versions of this company’s mattresses come with BestEdge® Foam Encasement; however, several reviewers complain that getting in and out of their mattress is difficult.
General Commendations: What are the Unique Features of These Beds?
- Particularly for the ones that are memory foam and hybrid mattresses, the motion transfer technology is well appreciated by most customers because it indicates that when their pets or companions toss and turn on the bed in the night, their sleep is not disrupted. According to someone that reviewed an iSeries Hybrid, only a little movement is felt when one of two partners get out of the mattress in the night.
- Lots of individuals feel that the temperature control technology of the mattresses from this brand functions effectively. A reviewer who purchased the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch indicated that they also believed that the bed works exceptionally to control the temperature of their body; thus, ensuring that there was no need for them to put blankets on and off while sleeping.
Information on Sleep Trial and Warranty
Trial Time and Guarantee: For the mattresses in the iComfort line, a trial period of 120 night sleeps is provided by Serta while those in the Perfect Sleeper model come with a trial period of 25 night sleeps.
- Compulsory 30-night break-in periods are attached to both sets of trial periods. In other words, it is compulsory for the consumers to use the bed for a minimum of 30 nights before they are allowed to return it to get back their money.
- After using it for 30 nights, consumers that want to return the bed are only entitled to a partial refund that does not include a return and disposal charge which is as much as 15% of the initial cost of the product with an additional handling and shipping charge of $200.
- After testing for 30 nights, individuals who prefer to exchange their bed will have to pay for shipping charges involved in the delivery of the new bed.
- Every consumer can only get one sleep trial.
- If the mattresses are damaged during the 30-day trial period, the company will reject such mattresses and not refund the customer.
Warranty: A warranty of 10 years is provided by Serta for all mattresses under the iComfort and Perfect Sleeper innerspring and hybrid beds.
- The company reserves the right and choice to replace or repair all beds that are considered to be faulty. However, in case the company has stopped the production of a mattress that needs to be replaced, the most equivalent model will be used as a replacement.
- The coverage of the warranty starts on the initial date of buying the product.
- All hybrid and innerspring mattresses of this brand are made to be utilized with a proper frame that has a center base or at least possesses 5 cross slats with a center support that reaches the ground. Warranty coverage may be voided if any damage occurs to the bed as a result of using an inappropriate base.
- The coverage of the warranty involves the product defects below:
- Indentations that can be seen or sagging in the upper layer that is about 3/4” in smooth-top hybrid beds, or 1 1/2” in padded hybrids or innerspring beds.
- Wires that can be considered to have extended over the fabric, broken or loosen.
- The following will not be covered by the warranty:
- Inspection and transport costs of any mattresses that are probably faulty.
- Regular change in the softness of the foam that has no effect on its abilities to alleviate pressure, or sagging or visible indentations that is not up to 3/4” for hybrid beds with a smooth top and 1 1/2” for padded hybrid and innerspring mattresses. These outcomes are known as regular wear and tear of any mattresses.
- Stains, cuts, burns, tears, and other kinds of damages that are results of the inappropriate support base, misuse by the owner, and/or inappropriate cleaning or treatment by the owner.
- The demands for replacement or repairs of the bed as a result of improper mattress bed height, comfort choices of the owners, and/or improper sheet fit.
- It is within the right of the company to deny any claims of warranty made by customers for any beds that have infested by mold, stained or conversely believed to be unhygienic.
- Only original customers who purchase their beds from the manufacturer or any retailer that has been authorized to sell the products have exclusive access to the warranty coverage. This warranty coverage will not be available for individuals who purchase the product from the original buyer or a retailer that has no authority to sell the products.
Conclusion on Serta Beds
Based on the results of the majorities of the Serta Mattress reviews, we can conclude that Serta offers affordable products that provide similar comfort as other top mattress manufacturers. The downsides are based on the fact that the products are not quite durable; however, this complaint depends on the particular model that is considered. When it is new and in excellent condition, it provides premium comfort; nevertheless, it will likely not be in such excellent condition for a long period like other beds.
For individuals who are looking for an affordable bed, there are several choices from this brand; however, it compares to other mattresses from competitors when it comes to comfort and satisfaction of the consumers. In other words, you should take your time to look at alternatives before showing any commitment towards this brand. In case you would like to get a new mattress or simply want to start looking for one, you should make sure that your read Serta mattress reviews as well as reviews for other mattress companies so that you understand the one that is the worthwhile alternative and provides the best possibility of comfort.
You May Also Be Interested in the Next Posts on Our Website:
Sealy Mattress Review | Tuft And Needle Review | Lucid Mattress Review | Purple Mattress Review | Nectar Mattress Review | Lull Mattress Review | Leesa Mattress Reviews | Casper Mattress Review | Beautyrest Mattress Review | Bear Mattress Review | Amerisleep Mattress Review | Ghostbed Review | Saatva Mattress Review | Layla Mattress Review