Although it is always very hot and aggressive during the summer, some people still love to sleep with the comfort of a soft blanket. Although it might be hot, sleeping with a blanket can bring you comfort and tranquility to rest well.
Using a summer blanket is one way to stay cool while you sleep even in the summer nights so that you don’t wake in the morning feeling stressed and overheated. Apart from keeping you cool, a good summer blanket should also add beauty to the interior of your room.
This guide will help you make the perfect choice in summer blanket for summer periods. To make your decision fast, we have highlighted our top picks for summer blankets and provided you with some buying information and tips. So let’s get started.
The Best Summer Blankets
The Best Hypoallergenic Summer Blanket - DOWNLITE 230 TC
The Best Linen Sumer Blanket - Sofia’s Linen
The Best Summer Blanket For Travel - Cocoon CoolMax
The Best Woven Summer Blanket - Utopia Bedding
The Best Cooling Summer Weighted Blanket - YnM
The Best Breathable Summer Blanket - Superior
The Best Bamboo Fiber Summer Blanket - GOHD
The Softest Summer Blanket - Aidear
The Best Summer Blankets Table
The Best Hypoallergenic Summer Blanket
The Best Linen Sumer Blanket
The Best Summer Blanket For Travel
The Best Woven Summer Blanket
The Best Cooling Summer Weighted Blanket
The Best Breathable Summer Blanket
The Best Bamboo Fiber Summer Blanket
The Softest Summer Blanket
The Best Summer Blankets Reviews
The Best Hypoallergenic Summer Blanket Review - DOWNLITE 230 TC
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 88%
Item Weight: 4 pounds
This summer blanket is a hypoallergenic comforter; Hypoallergenic which means it is very unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. The blanket is made of 550 fill power, high-end duck down. However, one of the major problems with comforters is that the downshifts a lot. However, the down of this comforter is sewn through the construction. Therefore this helps to address the annoying shifting of the down.
This summer blanket is made up of 1-inch satin trim detail which makes it very soft and gentle to touch. You can also wash it with your machine as it is machine washable. You can also put this blanket into the dryer without getting worried that the fabric is not ruined.
There is only one restriction to this blanket; it is manufactured for DOWNLITE bedding. However you can use it with other beddings, but you might not get as many results as you want.
Sewn-through design for better retention of the fabric
High-quality duck down filling
Incredibly soft and refreshing upon contact
Not as suitable for dryers as it claims to be
Even though it says its washable, the product tends to shrink after washing with machine
The Best Linen Sumer Blanket Review - Sofia’s Linen
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 92%
87 x 79 inches
Item Weight: 4.7 pounds
If you want a blanket that is comfortable and doesn’t cause you to sweat throughout the hot afternoon or night, the 100% Pure Flax Linen Blanket is your best pick. It will keep you cool all through the night or afternoon when you sleep.
The whole blanket is made of linen, and it is well designed to add beauty to your room. Since it is made out of pure linen, it comes with a whole lot of benefits. Unlike other blankets, the more you wash it, the softer it becomes.
This blanket adds added comfort to your sleep. That’s not all, the product is hygroscopic, so it absorbs all moisture, and it helps you remain cool all night long. It also has thermo-regulating capabilities, which means it will remain cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. So you don’t have to buy new blankets every summer and winter.
It gets softer as you wash it regularly
It is universal regarding thermal regulation and aesthetic appeal
Made of high-quality 100% Linen
It is rather expensive for a blanket
It is not that easy to take care of
The Best Summer Blanket For Travel Review - Cocoon CoolMax
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 88%
55 x 70 inches
Item Weight: 11.2 ounces
If you travel a lot and you are looking for a blanket to take with you during your travels, the Cocoon CoolMax Blanket is a great solution for you. Its very portable that you could use it at home, in your car, on the train or plane; trust me you can use it anywhere you need it.
The good thing about this blanket is that it is very small and lightweight, so you don’t need all your energy to carry it. The Cocoon CoolMax Blanket as its name implies also has a proprietary CoolMax knit that is breathable; it helps absorbs moisture effectively and conveniently.
This blanket is also very soft on your skin, and it has a measurement of 55x70 inches which makes it very flexible and convenient to use for lots of different purposes.
Incredibly gently upon contact
Very breathable sleeping solution
It wicks moisture and will keep us cool
Its reliability is rather compromised
It is very thin
The Best Woven Summer Blanket Review - Utopia Bedding
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 86%
Item Weight: 4.45 pounds
Nothing is better than a cool sweet sleep during hot days and a sweet, warm rest during the cold days. This blanket is 100% weaved cotton which gives it a unique texture. It doesn’t stop at that; the blanket is made with a creative design to give it a modern styled type of blanket.
Since the blanket is made of 100% cotton, it is not fluffy or plush. This makes this blanket great as a lightweight layer during the hot weather. It is a big blanket (90 by 90 inches) which will be able to fit into a queen or full bed size even after it shrinks after wash. It is not recommended to hand wash this blanket; it is recommended to machine wash and dry on delicate.
This 100% cotton blanket comes in two different colors; white or grey.
It won't shrink. You can use your machine to wash this blanket, and it won't shrink. Even if it does, this blanket is measured 90 x 90 inches to accommodate light shrinkage that accompanies cotton while still fitting on your bed
Safe for sensitive skin. This blanket is not treated with formaldehyde
Stylish. The design and pattern of this blanket is dobby weave with waffler square patterns
It is great for all seasons. It is a light to medium blanket which is perfect for all seasons
It feels scratchy after you wash it. Because the blanket is so thin, it can feel scratchy and thin after you wash it
The Best Cooling Summer Weighted Blanket Review - YnM
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 83%
48 x 72 inches
Item Weight: 15 pounds
Do you suffer from insomnia or anxiety? Are you looking for something to help improve your sleep? If your answer is yes, then you are on the right page. Using weighted blankets to sleep has a lot of benefits as they help improve your sleep and treat many health conditions. However, I wouldn’t call weighted blanket an ideal summer blanket because they are WEIGHTED.
However, the good thing about this weighted blanket is that it has SMART fabric that has breathability and moisture absorbing properties. Another good thing about this blanket is that it is made with a bamboo cover, so the blanket is cool to touch, and it will keep you cool throughout the night.
This blanket comes in 3 different sizes, so you can choose the size you want, that is convenient for you. The blanket can be machine washed, but because of its weight, it is recommended you buy a removable cover or spot clean.
Helps anxiety and insomnia
Available in different weight and buying options
Great customer service
Great for hot sleepers or as a summer weighted blanket
Some say seams can break easily
The Best Breathable Summer Blanket Review - Superior
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
88 x 90 inches
Item Weight: 3.15 pounds
Just like the Utopia Bedding Woven Summer Cotton Blanket, this thermal blanket is made of 100% cotton. It comes in ivory color; it is breathable and soft. But it only fits a queen size or full bed.
If you are someone like me that hates washing, you should get this blanket. This blanket can be used all year long without you having to wash it. But that’s not all the interesting thing about this blanket. This blanket can keep you warm during the winter and keep you fresh during the summer. If you want to stay warm during the winter, all you have to do is add a top sheet to your blanket, although it will not absorb moisture, it is made of 100% cotton, so it will help you sleep. Likewise, if you want to stay cool in the summer, use this as your only blanket.
Super soft. This blanket is very soft and makes a great outer layer blanket. During the summer, you can use this blanket on your bed as it won’t make you wake up feeling hot or sweaty because it is breathable. Also, it has no scratch fibers sticking out of it
Machine washable. These blankets are machine washable and won’t lose color. You air dry the blanket, or you can tumble dry them on low and remove it from the dryer as soon as they are done to avoid discoloration
Fibers shred. All the fibers in this blanket are loosely woven, which means that it shreds easier than other blankets
It doesn't absorb moisture. Despite being lightweight and soft, this blanket is not moisture wicking, which means that it won’t regulate your temperature, as well as other blankets, would
The Best Bamboo Fiber Summer Blanket Review - GOHD
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 84%
86 x 66 inches
Item Weight: 3.36 pounds
This blanket is one of the unique blankets in the market. It is made with 100% bamboo viscose to give it a super soft feel. The mattress is made to provide peak ventilation and to keep you cool even in during the hot times.
We highly recommend this blanket for the summertime because it provides a temperature that is three degrees colder than the surrounding temperature. It is not recommended to use this blanket during the winter because you don’t want to get too cold.
When you want to sleep during summer, add a top sheet to the blanket, so you don’t get too cold.
It is very soft. Bamboo is softer than cotton and silk, making it an ideal blanket to own. Also, it is an excellent gift for friends and family
It can be washed with Machine. Despite the blanket lightweight, the product is also convenient because it can be cleaned with machine. It is less likely to smell like chemicals when compared to other blankets
It resists odor. It is a breathable fabric, so there is no worrying about unpleasant odors when using it. Also, the blanket has antifungal and antibacterial properties resistant to mold, fungus or other bacteria that often accumulate on cotton sheets
Fabric shreds. The bamboo fabric is beautiful since its soft; the drawback is that it doesn’t hold up as well like other materials and susceptible to shredding
Oddly shaped. The blanket has an odd shape that doesn’t fit on the bed very well
The Softest Summer Blanket Review - Aidear
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Customer Satisfaction: 90%
90 x 90 inches
Item Weight: 3.98 pounds
If you are the type that easily gets cold even in hot weathers and are looking for a blanket that will keep you warm and cold, you are in the right place. This soft blanket is an excellent alternative to a quilt or comforter, especially during the summer.
This blanket is 350 grams per square meter, and it is made out of 100% microfiber polyester which makes it soft and lightweight. Another good thing about this mattress is that it doesn’t pill, wrinkle, fade or even shed. But that’s not all, this blanket is hypoallergenic, so it doesn’t cause any allergies which make it safe for everyone.
The difference between this blanket and most other blankets in the market today is that the Aidear blanket can be purchased in different sizes be it a twin, full or queen size bed. This makes it versatile for so many purposes. However, it is recommended to wash in machine on gentle, in cold water, and make sure you tumble dry low or air dry.
Cozy and soft fleece blanket
Available in 7 different colors
Some reported thread lose on stitching
Some received wrong sized blanket
What is a Summer Blanket?
All through this discussion, we have focused on summer blankets. But do you know what summer blanket is? You probably have not heard about it, and don’t know the difference between the blanket and the conventional ones. However, as the name implies, it means the blankets that are used during summer. Thus, the summer blankets have a few unique characteristics:
- Enhanced Breathability. A good summer blanket should allow airflow so that it would trap all the heat from your body under the blanket. It should also absorb moisture so that you don’t heat up at night. Airflow in a summer blanket is accomplished by using a looser weave along with less fill and insulation.
- Lightweight. A summer blanket usually weighs less than the conventional blankets. This is accomplished by using lighter materials, so the blanket doesn’t get too heavy.
- Available in different sizes. A summer blanket is not only restricted to the bed; you can use it anywhere, be it your car, couch, or outdoors. Summer blankets come in different sizes, so all you have to do is choose the right size, and you are good to go.
- Cool. If you need a summer blanket, always look for ones with cooling properties. Why is it a summer blanket if it doesn’t have cooling properties? So if you are looking for a summer blanket to replace your quilt or comforter, always get a summer blanket with cooling properties. We recommend getting blankets made of bamboo.
- Less insulation and loft. A summer blanket has a lesser thickness and insulating power than a regular blanket. This might be because summer blankets use materials that do not retain much heat as regular blankets.
Why Hot Weather Affect Your Sleep
Most of us, if not all sleep well when the weather is all cold and dreamy compared to when the weather is all hot and harsh. This is just natural! But there is always a science behind everything, and there is a science behind this – when you go to bed, your set point for the temperature of your body is going to be lower; which means that is the temperature your brain is trying to achieve. If your sleeping environment is hotter than the average temperature the body can accommodate, you will wake up.
So regulation of heat has a lot to do with your sleep. There is one technique that would help you achieve sleep quickly even during the hot weather. All you have to do is take a warm bath before going to bed. The drop in the temperature when you come out of the shower will mimic the nosedive that your brain is looking to achieve. If you don’t like to take your bath every night, you can use a cooling blanket.
Regular Blanket vs. Summer Blanket
You might be wondering are they not both blankets. True, they are both blankets, but a wool blanket won’t help you in the summer heat. A summer blanket is more like a throw blanket that you would keep on your couch. Its purpose is to add a layer of warmth.
Summer blankets are usually more lightweight, and it is more breathable than the standard blankets.
How to Choose the Right Summer Blanket for You
To select the right summer blanket, you have to consider the most important elements of summer blankets.
- Cotton. Blankets that are made with cotton have some traits that we all love. They are soft and hypoallergenic which are perfect for babies, people who have sensitive skin and suffer from allergies. Cotton blankets are more breathable than other blankets, so they are a great option in the summer.
- Bamboo. Bamboo-based blankets last longer than another type of materials because Bamboo is made of rayon. It is created by dissolving bamboo pulp into its cellulose component. Then after it is dissolved into bamboo pulp, it is spun into a fiber which lasts longer than other materials. Bamboo blankets are highly absorbent, and that makes it a good option for the summer.
- Silk/satin. Silk or satin blankets are very soft. It is soft enough to help you sleep even when it is very hot that night. However, it won't absorb body sweat as cotton blankets will. Unlike most materials, silk is made from an insect called Silkworms.
- Wool. Wool blankets are naturally breathable and moisture absorbing; it can also give warmth when the need arises. However, wool blankets are harder to wash, unlike the other materials.
- Polyester. Polyester blankets feel like cotton and are almost the same grade as cotton although synthetic. However, it is not as soft and absorbent as cotton; it is lightweight and easy to clean.
- Linen. Linen blankets are very absorbents; linen blankets are perfect for the summer to keep you cool and absorb moisture. Linen fibers varies from 25 to 150 mm in length. You can identify a linen fiber by how flexible the texture is.
- Downs. Downs, just as the name implies comes from the underside of ducks and geese. They are mostly used for winter blankets because of their strong insulating properties. However, down can also be used in summer blanket to allow the customer to take advantage of its softness and lightness.
A blanket’s weave is noticeably based on how the blanket looks and its tolerance to heat. When the blanket weave is tighter, the more it will retain heat and be warm. As you search for the blanket and the weave attributes, you will encounter certain terminology associated with the weave. For instance, percale refers to a type of cotton weave describing the vertical and horizontal cotton yarn giving a ratio of 1:1. This ratio allows percale sufficient breathability and not the softness of sateen which is another type of cotton weave with more distinct texture with rougher feel. Similar to its name, a waffle weave has such patterns just like it which is breathable with a distinctive appearance. For the knit design, expect the fabric to have larger holes and of course more breathability and less retention of heat.
You expect your new blanket to last longer for more value for your money when you buy. But you should now that durability of a blanket is a function of the material used for the weave. The thread count and how the material is used are all factors that condition longevity. If quality thread and count are used for cotton material, you should expect the blanket to be reliable. For washable material without damaging it, cotton and polyester materials are good for blankets.
Conversely, silk and down are durable material but need consistent attention for specific washing guide. The wear and tear of any material, your blanket inclusive, is according to how much you use it. Noting that with more use, there will be a need for more washing and this will weaken the material with time. The wear and tear notwithstanding, summer blankets are known to be durable.
You tend to sweat more in hot weather; this makes your blanket dirty more in the summer. When you have a material that absorbs moisture more rapidly, you will need to wash often especially if you do not have a top sheet for your blanket. Therefore, you will need to clean your summer blanket on schedule to make cleaning easier and something you want to do often. While cotton and polyester are easy to wash with the machine, you need the care to clean wool, silk and down materials.
More Considerations for Summer Blankets
The following are additional factors to think about when selecting summer blankets:
- Style/Pattern. A summer blanket without bedding or some coverlet, this will leave the material visible. Therefore, you need to prioritize picking a blanket that appeals to your style, especially if you are using the blanket across the rooms. You need to select your summer blanket according to your bedroom décor and style.
- Return Policy. Go for a summer blanket that its return policy is customer friendly. This will benefit you if you are considering an expensive one. Knowing you have a friendly return offer gives you peace of the mind, and you don’t have to manage a blanket you don’t like. The best part is to choose a blanket with a return policy to exchange one for the other as preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Sleep Hot?
There could be a few reasons people sleep hot. One, the night weather might be very hot. When this is the reason, you may not be able to change that. Or, just put on the air conditioner to cool things down. Conversely, people sleep hot perhaps the mattress retains heat, particularly for a foam-based bed. In this case, get a bed topper for more comfort. Bed toppers are affordable and will help to cool things down a bit. The blanket might not be cool. For non- breathable and cool enough blanket, it makes you feel uncomfortably hot as soon as it’s in use.
Blanket or a Comforter?
The difference is that the comforter is intended to be on top of the mattress. It is simple to lay it on the bed without needing to add any cushioning to the sides of the mattress. Similarly, this probably leaves you thinking the bed is not complete. Alternatively, get a cool blanket. The blanket provides the solution designed to cascade or drape over the sides of the bed. It looks remarkable on its own but does have its drawbacks. E.g., failing to get the correct type might end up getting you sweating more than you deserve.
A summer blanket will always be useful whether for your bed, car or camping blanket needs. While summers days bask in sunburn and intense heat, the night temperature is usually very low, and you need summer blanket to keep you company and send cold away.
Additionally, the use of air conditioning during hot summer often leave the home cold and thereby needing summer blanket for comfort.
If you frequently feel cold, why struggling with a sweater when you can get summer blanket hen indoor and go out with normal wear when stepping outside the freezing zone for blazing hot outside?
- Keeping a light summer blanket in the car keeps it handy when going inside the house!
- It is essential to know what you will need the blanket for before buying it.
- The blanket is unique for the individual; the type you chose must meet your specific needs!
- If you need a blanket for the bed, ensure to get one large enough.
- If you need a blanket for outside use, make sure to get one with breathable cotton.
- If you need an outdoor blanket, make sure to get blankets with waterproof surfaces and durable fabric.
- Above all, it’s only a blanket! Make sure the company offers a good return policy, and feel free to purchase a blanket as long as it appeals to you, knowing that if you don’t like it, you can always return it!
You May Also Be Interested in the Next Posts on Our Website: